Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

Why is more bp better?

I'm just tryting to figure out why, specifically and scientifically, that more BP is better? Does it stay "active" longer on/in the skin? I know BP kills p. acnes because it produces O2 in the skin and the bacteria can't survive in the presence on oxygen, so what does more do? Does it create more oxygen? Stay on longer? Get deeper into the pores and kill more bacteria?

Thanks.

Yeah, but why? How does it have a greater chance or killing the bacteria? Just more gets absorbed?

Yeah, but why? How does it have a greater chance or killing the bacteria? Just more gets absorbed?

Good fucking question. I'm not sure more is better. Except that if you use so much of it (and have any kind of a tan at all), you can see it and make sure you have every inch of your face covered. But that's probably not why.

I will tell you that more isn't always better. You have to find the right amount for yr skin. I went from using a really thick line to a medium thickness and my skin did much better. Using enough ensures that it is absorbed completely and covered all the way. There may be more to it, but the right amount is different for everyone.

hey foomph, have you tried mineral make-up? i am not saying it will clear you up, but before i started the regimen, everyday minerals made my skin A LOT better, and it has gotten better since then with the regimen. i just noticed what make-up you had listed, and i remember having problems with those make-ups (and other people on here have).

hey foomph, have you tried mineral make-up? i am not saying it will clear you up, but before i started the regimen, everyday minerals made my skin A LOT better, and it has gotten better since then with the regimen. i just noticed what make-up you had listed, and i remember having problems with those make-ups (and other people on here have).

^ ditto :)

I haven't really had a problem with these makeups before-my skin actually got worse when I never wore any all summer!

*but* that doesn't mean I won't try. The thing is, I have a lot of facial hair...so how does a powdery make-up work? Even when I use powder, it's t-zone only so it doesn't show up the hairs...any ideas?

adding more bp makes sure its definately gone into your pores, even if you end up using more than needed.

so thast why it works better cause your making sure its definately in your skin.

adding more bp makes sure its definately gone into your pores, even if you end up using more than needed.

so thast why it works better cause your making sure its definately in your skin.

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Also, there more you have initially, the less likely you're going to unintentionally cause irritation (in my case). When I started, using a small amount, I felt like I had to work harder to cover my entire face, which led me to press harder and sometimes accidentally pop large zits. With a moderate amount, its much easier to smooth onto my face, my touch is a lot lighter.