Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alpha_male

constantly breaking out with zits

heres my story during my mid teens i had bad acne which i try'd to clear by taking oral antibiotics and loads of different over the counter cosmetics e.g cleansing washes and spot creams ect which kept my acne at bay but wern't all that usefull so i then saw a dermatoligist and started to take accutane for months it cleared me up completly but left a few marks which fadded in time.

was then clear for about a year and then only started to get the occasioanly spot every month or so, so i started to use benzamycin gel and nutrogena face wash which was kind of like my version of the regimen as it keeps my acne under control but now theres a problem.

in the UK or atleast in my area they have stoped manufacturing benzamycin gel so im unable to get it on prescription, and my last supply as already expired so i have had to change my face cleansing habbits complelty and because the benzamycin gel has stoped working i needed a replacement so ive been using dans bp instead now for almost a week following his regimen and i have been breaking out constantly new pimples coming out everyday bear in mind my skin wasn't great before i started using dans bp. basicaly im just scared on what will happen?

im hoping that dans gel and cleanser will save me and get me clear the way i was just 2 months ago when i was literaly 100% clear and im 19 now. i cant really go through accutane agian because its just such a slow process and i was hopping to put my acne past behind me but instead it seems to be starting all over again

:cry:

so ive been using dans bp instead now for almost a week following his regimen and i have been breaking out constantly new pimples coming out everyday bear in mind my skin wasn't great before i started using dans bp. basicaly im just scared on what will happen?

Doesn't sound like a problem: http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html most people have worsening of their conditions before the improvement, so just be patient

Yes, I agree with Wolfheart. I'm in Week 8 and still experiencing breakouts. It can be very disheartening and I am really upset by it, but I committed myself to 3 full months before making judgement. Everyone wants a quick fix but unfortunately bp treatment is not an immediate solution.

Yes, I agree with Wolfheart. I'm in Week 8 and still experiencing breakouts. It can be very disheartening and I am really upset by it, but I committed myself to 3 full months before making judgement. Everyone wants a quick fix but unfortunately bp treatment is not an immediate solution.

I'm in week 8 too and it's the same thing here.. However, just today I got my hopes up... All the active shit seems to have more or less died out so maybe this is the day :clap: