Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obarrera

BP doesn't seem to be working now

Im on my 4th week of using Dan's BP and it doesn't seem to be working anymore, by the end of the 2nd week my face was pretty friggen clear, now im breaking out again, what should I do? I mean it was working great, and instead of getting better it's getting bad again.:(

Im using this for a cleanser http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000...SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Im on my 4th week of using Dan's BP and it doesn't seem to be working anymore, by the end of the 2nd week my face was pretty friggen clear, now im breaking out again, what should I do? I mean it was working great, and instead of getting better it's getting bad again.:(

Im using this for a cleanser http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000...SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Not sure if its the BP or the fact it's normal I'm at the same spot as you on the CSR.

Yah, that's like me too...

I've been using the csr gel for awhile now, and it cleared me up before. But it doesn't seem to be working as much as it used to. and I keep breaking out now =(

The first few months can seem like a rollercoaster ride, with ups and downs. It can take a few months before you begin to notice sustainable results. Try to hang in there, be gentle, be sure you are using a good amount of BP.

Now, I did look up your cleanser and it has Salicylic Acid in it, which can be very drying and Dan doesn't recommend using with the Regimen.

You might consider a basic gentle cleanser such as Purpose Gentle Wash or Purpose bar (although the bar is more drying than the wash).

Too many medicated products can be irritating and may confuse your results.

Hope this helps!

Besides the fact you have not been on the CSR long enough to gauge its effectiveness, your skin is a dynamic organ! Things change constantly, even when the CSR is working great you can still get pimples.

I am having a break out right now (3 pimples), and I have been really clear for about two years, who knows why it is happening. Just stick with it!

Yah I've been on the regimen for about a year now, and it's been a rollercoaster.. I feel that when I first started the regimen, my skin was much better.. but it seems like it gets worse, and then better, and then worse, then better.. never all clear... I'll stick with it though..

Yah I've been on the regimen for about a year now, and it's been a rollercoaster.. I feel that when I first started the regimen, my skin was much better.. but it seems like it gets worse, and then better, and then worse, then better.. never all clear... I'll stick with it though..

Are you following the regime twice a day?

By the way you may have to change it alittle to see what your face really wants.

i've stated this before but I think sometimes you just need to cycle your use of BP once it starts losing its efficacy. When I first started on BP i was clear for about 4 months. However 2 months after that I couldn't stop breaking out. It'd be anywhere from 3-4 zits some a good size. I got to the point where I gave up on Bp and tried to go w/out BP. Tried all sorts of other regimens and finally tried out this hot water w/ baking soda and ACV. That broke me out so horribly I had to go back to BP after a month off. Now that I went back it started working again. I'm hitting the 4-5th month and it's working well so far. Small breakouts after the 4th month but at least it's maintaining well enough for now.