Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
salems_lottt

How soon can a relapse happen?

I been reading that for like 85%+ people that take accutane, it's good for at least a year, and for 60% are still clear for 2 years. And if you haven't relapsed after 2 years, there is a good chance you are in very long remission or permanently cured. Is that really true? Because I been reading these forums, and there is people that relapse after 1-2 months after tane, and asked my derm if that's possible, he said it's rare to relapse only a few months later after a course.

It is rare, but when you look at this message board you are getting a skewed view. Most people who clear never come back to the acne board to tell how well it worked for them. The only reason i am still here is because of all the PMs i get, and i certainly wasn't hanging around acne websites when i was in a long remission after my first course.

beentheredonethat... is so right.

My acne came back exactly 2 months after both times i was on it. Im now doing a 6 month normal treatment, followed by 6 months at probably 40 to 60mg low dose. Its the only thing that works.

The only thing that gets me mad is that i cant give my redmarks a chance to fade cause im always on tane.

beentheredonethat... is so right.

My acne came back exactly 2 months after both times i was on it. Im now doing a 6 month normal treatment, followed by 6 months at probably 40 to 60mg low dose. Its the only thing that works.

The only thing that gets me mad is that i cant give my redmarks a chance to fade cause im always on tane.

If your acne returned so fast 2 times, then I don't think tane is giving you any benefits at all. But keep trying and hopefully this time you'll get it. And plus you are a very rare case indeed. After 2 times of accutane, 90% are in permanent remission. On this board I have seen people 5 times on tane, where you can nowhere find to read or hear about lol.