Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm getting more and more used to the thought that I'm going to die alone.

I've never been in love, and I don't think anyone has ever loved me, I mean REALLY loved me. Past boyfriends have said they do, but only because they think that's the right thing to say.

I haven't had a boyfriend for two years and there doesn't seem to be anyone on the horizon.

I used to deny that there was really such a thing as 'love'. But now it's all I want.

Some people are just destined to walk alone. I feel so empty. In fact I don't feel anything anymore.

how old are you? you have the rest of your life to fall in love, you cant just sit around and wait for it to happen. it'll happen when you least expect it.

enjoy being single, i am :dance:

Headturner is right. Love will happen when you least expect it too. Your negative attitude towards it will show on the outside and may be pushing people away.

Relax, learn to like your own company and like yoursef, and your confidence with yourself will shine through and will attract men to you like you are a magnet!

I have been single now for nearly 2 years, and at first I felt the same as you do now, but I learnt to enjoy my own company and spent some time getting to know myself again rather than just being someone that my ex wanted me to be.

Your time will come if you want it to. Personally, I am happy with being single at the moment, I do believe that if I am meant to fall in love then it wil happen when the time is right.

to the original poster -

how old are you? I'm guessing that if you frequent this forum you aren't old enough to be on your death bed...so don't think about such negative thoughts ;)

If you're lonely, try and fix it. It isn't easy...but you gotta try. :wub:

you're only 19 (read it your profile).

I have the same feelings at times, but I'm stubbornly sticking to the "there's somebody for everyone" speech. Because it's true.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I've never been in love, and I don't think anyone has ever loved me, I mean REALLY loved me. Past boyfriends have said they do, but only because they think that's the right thing to say.

I haven't had a boyfriend for two years and there doesn't seem to be anyone on the horizon.

I used to deny that there was really such a thing as 'love'. But now it's all I want.

Some people are just destined to walk alone. I feel so empty. In fact I don't feel anything anymore.

You're way too young to be giving up hope now

It's common to feel this way: hopeless, alone, and unwanted. You can either accept it, or refute it.

And that last statement contradicts the whole intent of your post. If you're apathetic to everything, you have nothing to worry about.

And that last statement contradicts the whole intent of your post. If you're apathetic to everything, you have nothing to worry about.

No. I'm obviously not apathetic, because I still care about things. By not feeling anything, I meant in terms of desire.

Guest No Pride

Hey im in the exact same position. Im 22, NEVER been in love or in any long term relationship. And just when I think Ive found someone, they leave after like a couple weeks, and im not needy or insecure or ANYTHING like that. I think you're right, some are just destined to be alone. If only I had better genetics.

You're so very young to think you're never going to find love. You need to be patient with that sort of thing, it's not going to fall into your lap. Some people don't find the right person until they are middle aged, but finding true love at ANY age is well worth the wait. Patience is a virtue, and as I've said before, there aren't many virtuous people out there. So be virtuous. It's not the end of the world, you don't need true love to be truly happy.

Jefferson Airplane

When the truth is found to be lies

and all the joy within you dies

don't you want somebody to love

don't you need somebody to love

wouldn't you love somebody to love

you better find somebody to love

When the garden flowers baby are dead yes

and your mind [, your mind] is [so} full of red

your eyes, I say your eyes may look like his

but in your head baby I'm afraid you don't know where it is

tears are running [down,] down your breast

and your friends baby they treat you like a guest

Many of us including myself feel the same way as you. I feel lonely all the time and if I'm not always with someone I feel that there is something wrong with me and I question what is wrong with me because nobody wants to be around me. I fear ending up alone with no friends and nothing, no pictures, no good memories. Honestly, I would tell you something like wait and it will come but let's be honest that won't change anything. I know it doesn't work for me. All I can say is you are not alone and don't let any opportunities for love go by. You don't want to also wonder what might have been.