Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golthie

Newbie questions...sorry

Here's a good question for all ya'll experienced CSR users out there.

I have combo sensitive skin so I am starting slow with the BP, Dan's recommended amount only at night. Last night I had a little tightness and burning that subsided quickly. Tonight NONE. I don't want to start too quickly; so far my skin is comfortable with my new regimen :) Based on this info, do I just stick with what I'm doing? up the BP a little at night (I do my whole face so 1/3 finger is a thin layer all over)? go to twice a day? Maybe I'm getting too anxious over here..... :whistle:

keep it up. i'd start going twice daily, but continue with the minimal amount of bp. while your skin is getting used to the regimen, i highly suggest aveeno ultra calming to reduce the redness. once the redness has subsided (after 3 days or so) start to slowly increase the bp dosage. buena suerte.

Hi Golthie,

I responded to another one of your posts the other day, and if you do in fact have sensitive skin (you lucky-duck) then I highly suggest you take it slow. It's easy to get anxious quickly because you're so desperate to see results, but to save yourself future grief, you may consider how I started. It was obvious from the beginning that my skin was sensitive to bp, in fact in week 8 I'm still dealing with minor irritation. Here's how it went the first few weeks for me:

Week 1: 1/4 finger bp gel, only at night

Week 2: 1/4 finger morning and night

Week 3: 1/2 finger morning and night

Week 4 till now: 3/4 finger morning and night

Every time I try to up the dosage, my skin gets really red, burning, dry, & flaky. Hopefully you won't have to go through this slow of a process, but in all fairness, even at 3/4 dosage I'm doing pretty well. Broke out last week but haven't had any new zits since last Thursday.

Good luck!

Hi Golthie,

I responded to another one of your posts the other day, and if you do in fact have sensitive skin (you lucky-duck) then I highly suggest you take it slow. It's easy to get anxious quickly because you're so desperate to see results, but to save yourself future grief, you may consider how I started. It was obvious from the beginning that my skin was sensitive to bp, in fact in week 8 I'm still dealing with minor irritation. Here's how it went the first few weeks for me:

Week 1: 1/4 finger bp gel, only at night

Week 2: 1/4 finger morning and night

Week 3: 1/2 finger morning and night

Week 4 till now: 3/4 finger morning and night

Every time I try to up the dosage, my skin gets really red, burning, dry, & flaky. Hopefully you won't have to go through this slow of a process, but in all fairness, even at 3/4 dosage I'm doing pretty well. Broke out last week but haven't had any new zits since last Thursday.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your help you guys. I am anxious to see results, but I'm gonna be patient like you said and be good to my face :D Today is Day 3 and I already see improvement! Just two active spots trying to come through and the 5 that I had are dried up and flat, my many scars are a little less red. My skin is soft and smooth, no dryness yet as I make sure to moisturize. Trying to visualize clear....smooth.....skin... :pray:

Yeah, definitely take it slow with how you increase the BP usage b/c it the dryness and irritation can have a nasty way of catching up with you all at once. But, yes, go twice a day, moisturisem and stick with a small amount of BP. Good luck!