Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been makeup free for about a month and a half now. I really though tmy skin would be a lot better be now :wall: The first week or so my skin improved soo much but after that it has continually gotten worse. I don't know if it is my skin trying to purge itself? that's what my stepmom told me :doubt: or what. But I am breakin gout EVERYWHERE. In places I never got zits when i wore tons and tons of makeup. I don't understand. should I go back to wearing makeup? Did it somehow protect my skin or something :think: i'm so confusedd :wacko:

Guest flutistgurl26

To be honest, I don't think your make up has anything to do with it. A month and a half would have been plenty of time for skin to "purge itself". Your acne most likely is not being casued by any outside force (Make up, dirt, etc). I say that especially since you said your skin is getting worse.

I swear, whenever I go a couple days without makeup, I end up getting a breakout! :wall: I honostly don't understand.. this has happened many times too.. It really makes no sence to me at all.

I used to break out so horribly wearing liquid foundations. I stopped wearing makeup for 2 months, although my skin improved it would still breakout. Ever since I started to use mineral makeup my skin has improved sooooo much. I can't believe how much my skin has imporved. My skin tone is better and I hardly get as much acne as I used to with liquid foundations or without any makeup. I don't know why mineral makeup has improved my skin so much but im so greatful.

Kaya

I swear, whenever I go a couple days without makeup, I end up getting a breakout! :wall: I honostly don't understand.. this has happened many times too.. It really makes no sence to me at all.

yes its frustrating! :wall: grrrrrr lol

my skin seemed to be better when i wore makeup. And it only started to get a lot worse when i stopped wearing it completely :ninja:

i have been stressed out a lot lately though so maybe thats it :think:

I used to break out so horribly wearing liquid foundations. I stopped wearing makeup for 2 months, although my skin improved it would still breakout. Ever since I started to use mineral makeup my skin has improved sooooo much. I can't believe how much my skin has imporved. My skin tone is better and I hardly get as much acne as I used to with liquid foundations or without any makeup. I don't know why mineral makeup has improved my skin so much but im so greatful.

Kaya

I itried Physicians Formula Mineral Powder and it irritated my skin so no mineral makeup for me :(

I itried Physicians Formula Mineral Powder and it irritated my skin so no mineral makeup for me :(

Oh I know! That Physicians Formula is the worse. It made my skin itch so much and it also broke me out. I tried it a year ago and threw it out to the garbage.

Kaya

Let me tell you, I went a good six months without a stich of makeup - and I don't think it ever helped. If anything, I think it made my self-esteem drop further. Now that I've returned to make-up, I feel a lot better, and so far, no new break-outs from it (just clogged pores from having to mosturize ALL THE TIME).

I used to not wear any foundation or powder, just eye makeup, and my skin was flawless. But that was when I was in my mid 20s and looking hot. Now I'm in my early 30s I have to battle adult acne, which is why I started wearing mineral makeup. I have no dilusions of my skin clearing if I wore no makeup anymore. So far the mineral makeup limits the zits down to 3 a month and they are fantastic at covering up.

yes its frustrating! :wall: grrrrrr lol

my skin seemed to be better when i wore makeup. And it only started to get a lot worse when i stopped wearing it completely :ninja:

i have been stressed out a lot lately though so maybe thats it :think:

Kaya

you have been stressed a lot lately?

STRESS. definately ur best bet. i find that when i am under a lot of stress, i will break out in places where i NEVER break out. stress attacks hormones like crazy!!

I mostly don't wear make up because, honestly, I can't be bothered. I still had bad acne.

Guest blackheadben

No F****** way would I ever not wear makeup. That is not even an option for me. Never. Uh uh.

No F****** way would I ever not wear makeup. That is not even an option for me. Never. Uh uh.

LOL, tell us how you REALLY feel Ben. :clap:

Guest blackheadben

Seriously, make up is Gods' gift to man. Use it and use it well!