Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midknyte

New shipment of Dans BP

ok so here's the story.... i bought 4 bottles of Dan's bp last year, around the time when Dan had just changed the ingredients and packaging.... but right after i recieved the bp gels i stopped the csr for about half a year so i let them sit in my closet..... until I started again late July of this year, and i just recently finished using the last bottle. well couple of weeks ago i recieved a new "batch" of 4 bottles of bp that i just started using a few days ago....

well the strange thing is that the bp from this new batch feels REALLY thick compared to my last batch of four.... but the ingredients and packaging are the exact same.... its so thick that it gives a feeling of being greasey, which i say is only a "feeling" because i dont think any of the ingredients in the bp gel are oil-based...

anyways... i know im not hallucinating because i compared them side by side (i still had adequate drippings of my 2005 batch).... so whats going on? has the proportion of ingredients changed since last year? did i get a bad batch? or is this how "fresh" bp gel is supposed to be?

so far nothing bad has happened but i REALLY HOPE nothing will.... im going to keep everything else on the regimen constant for the next few weeks just so i know there aren't any other factors that could cause a break out....

any advice and help is highly appreciated and i'll keep u posted!

i hadn't used the old stuff, but i just got a tube of dan's gel and it doesn't feel as...harsh, i guess as on the spot...but it also doesn't really feel like anything and it makes my skin oily after an hour or two (even without moisturizer!). i do like the lack of residue though...i'm just trying to figure out if i feel like it's working on my skin and how to combat the new oil...

Onyxraven,

It is much less irritating than other BP formulations, I agree. The reason you feel more oily is probably because Neutrogena on-the-spot is more drying and has oil absorbers in it, so it was leaving you more "matte" than the gel does. You aren't actually more oily though. You can blot off the shine by using oil-blotting sheets or a clean dry napkin. Just press it gently and lift it off. The shine will be gone but your products stay in place.

Midknyte,

Perhaps the reason the viscosity feels different is temperature related. Heat and cold can affect how thick the gel feels. If the ingredients list are they same, there shouldn't really be a difference.

oh wait! I just remembered something. There was a time late last year when the ingredients were changed. And then a few months after that the ingredients stayed the same as far as the list went, but LESS preservative was used. So, technically the ingredients list looked the same, there was just less of the preservative. That may be the difference you had in batches Midknyte. No worries though, it will still work fine!

oh wait! I just remembered something. There was a time late last year when the ingredients were changed. And then a few months after that the ingredients stayed the same as far as the list went, but LESS preservative was used. So, technically the ingredients list looked the same, there was just less of the preservative. That may be the difference you had in batches Midknyte. No worries though, it will still work fine!

ohhh ok! that explains a lot, cause there is a substantial difference in texture between the two batches.... so far so good tho! in fact, im happy to know theres less preservatives in my bp. one other thing i did notice is that this new batch of bp takes longer to dry, but no real complaints :)

thanks brandy!

my last bach of csr gel (end of july) was alot thicker and more cream like and it made my face feel greasy and i think my skin got worse. but i have just recived a new bach and its back to normal? but it dose dry my skin out moor.

my last bach of csr gel (end of july) was alot thicker and more cream like and it made my face feel greasy and i think my skin got worse. but i have just recived a new bach and its back to normal? but it dose dry my skin out moor.

oh no... thick csr gel made ur skin worse? bad news.... but so far i dont see any adverse effects with my new batch *crosses fingers*.. and plus my new batch isnt from july so... hahaha... i duno if that even matters or not

The gel has always been very similar. We switched up preservatives and then used even less of them in subsequent batches. If you notice a difference these are 2 possible reasons why:

1. Temperature: The warmer it is the more liquid the BP feels. The cooler it is, the thicker it'll feel.

2. FDA required manufacturing guidelines allow for a small variation between batches. This may account for a very slightly different feel. The active ingredient, however, will always been consistent.

well, i had made the comment, because even comparing wearing the BP gel with not wearing BP at all, I get greasier, so maybe it's my skin reaction to it? I don't know, but I had light shine after about 5 hrs without BP (before regimen) and then none at all with OTS, and then a lot more with Dan's, even after only 2 hours of doing the regimen.

hey i just got a new batch today and i was looking at the one i got like a month ago and the 2 i got today and i noticed the label is different on it. on the back it looks more official like the nutrition facts on the back of food. i also noticed, on the new ones, the tip where to cut the bottle in half is gone and the directions on how to use it is a lot more sparse. the ingredients are the same but i was wondering if anything is different in the 2? also the exp date is the same on the 2 different batches.

Maybe dan's BP gel is being prduced by another company now and they cant match the texture and amount of ingredients?? Im waiting on my order and it seems to be taking forever,been waiting over 2 weeks now....