Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MilkMan25

Accutane Month 1 1/2, Cold Soars, 40 mg twice a day

My Face has been clearing up nicely, still some small white bumps that come up as zits on my left cheeck/nose area other then that it looks better. My face has been getting really dry though so im using moisturizer. My lips aswell has been extreamly dry so applying chapstick alot and using aquaphor at night. But now a week and a half ago I got a cold sore on the corner of the left side of my mouth. First time ever since i was a kid to ever get a cold sore. I tried many differnt creams and such for a good week, then just eventually got valtrex and now it is gone. Now today I awake to see the other side of my mouth is really chaped and dry. All day I have felt a tingling. Now this evening I think its another cold sore coming again. Im almost positive its from this accutane. Any one else faced this problem?, id like some help on how to stop this. I dont want to have to stop accutane since I went through all this trouble. Also, the inside of my nose the past few weeks has been really dry, and everytime i blow it i little blood comes out, iv never had this problem.

you can put aquaphor inside your nose to stop the bleeding. my derm said to do this twice a day but i find i don't need to do it that often. Try abreva for the cold sore. i used it before and it worked. ( I wasn't on accutane at the time though.

use the valtrex from your derm for cold sores, duh :)

you can also use lysine take it orally + mush up the hard pills from cvs (which will heal colds sores much faster) however, once my derm gave me valtrex I dont even worry about it anymore

the tingling could either be a cold sore, or you freaking your self out that your going to get a cold sore :)

For the people that have cold sores. When you get them, do they heal in 1-2 days? I ask these because I got a lot of "pimples" and I called my derm and told him it was cold sores (I had never had one before), so he told me to take Valtrex (in Mexico you don't need prescriptions for the majority of medicines so I didn't went to see him).

2 and a half weeks passed and I still had new ones, they would heal in 1-2 days and appear again in another place (in my lips). So I went to see my derm and he told that they where some kind of infections due to lip licking a lot.

So can Cold Sores heal that quickly?

they might not be cold sores. accutane doesn't make you get facial herpes (which is what real cold sores are).

they are probably just extreme lip drying, peeling, and scabbing which can look/feel like a cold sore.

start taking Vit E, it's the only thing that got rid of the cracks and scabs in the corners of my mouth.

chap stick gives me cold sores ( not a guess, EVERY time i put it on, it kills me)

what are u putting on ur lips for dryness???

try aquahor if you're not...