Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive recently hit a brick wall with the csr. i want to stick with it, but im currently having some doubts. ive been doing it for about 7-8 weeks progress has been sporadic. while i think that swimming/water polo is impeding my progress (excessive dryness), what should i do?

current regimen:

DAY:

dan's cleanser, dan's bp, and aveeno ultra claming with spot treatment with neutrogena healthy skin for red marks.

NIGHT: same as day, but use the neutrogena for entire face

i experiemented with the jojoba at night before bp application, but i guess i did not stick with it long enough to reach a concrete conclusion. i think i am going to go back to using the jojoba because it is very hard to apply bp with the right technique when your skin is so dry and feels like sandpaper to push your finger across.

im also considering using apple cider vinegar.

any suggestsions/help?

Your Aveeno Ultra Calming lotion might not be hydrating enough. Especially since you are swimming alot. In my experience, chlorinated water will dry your skin and make the need for a good hydrating moisturizer even more important. Try using something else like maybe the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It is very hydrating and should help.

Use your Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion all over (don't just spot with it) in the morning, then use a good amount of Cetaphil at night. This combination should be good. And if you need to moisturizer after swimming (as i always do) then feel free to do so, just bring along your moisturizer or pour some of it into a small travel-sized bottle and take along in your bag.

im a little wary of the cetaphil. im not sure whether ive experienced increased breakouts while using it, or its just the people on these forums that have convinced me that cetaphil is bad. can the macadamia nut oil cause some problems? thanks for the advice.