Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
� ©

Question: Prevent redmark?

Anyone has any ideas on

how to prevent redmark from being developed just after the acne is gone?

or to do something on the redmark as soon as the acne is gone so that the redmark will fade faster?

I have been thinking that, if (and if) all my redmarks are gone (hehe) and I have a very healthy, smooth and clear-looking skin, the only thing that will scare me is the re-development of redmark after acne. So, I really like to know the answers for preventing redmarks.

im not familiar with Tea Tree oil. But you can keep it moist with a antibiotic lotion like Bacitracin. After that, keep it dry by just washing it. Let the skin heal and breathe.

Ok, keep it most and then dry. Thanks. I will try on my only 1 pimple now.

BTW,

From 'bhavish' in the 'SmashingPumpkins' ACV thread:

"The tea tree oil was comparable in effectiveness to the benzoyl peroxide, but without the side effects of dry skin and redness*."

So, if can't use BP, then no TTO.

Weird.

I now wash my face with COLD water after cleansing.

My redmarks faded quite quickly, but leave me with light brownmarks. Why I always end up with brownmarks??? Asian gene??

dont pop ur pimples.

I don't.

The pimples just pop by themselve while I am washing my face or taking a shower.

Yeah right! Your pimples do not pop unless you pop them yourself.

Weird.

I now wash my face with COLD water after cleansing.

My redmarks faded quite quickly, but leave me with light brownmarks. Why I always end up with brownmarks??? Asian gene??

Don't listen to this kid. I always use cold water after cleansing but my red marks don't fade

My redmarks turned into brownmarks, and the redmark-turned brownmarks take long time to fade lol.

I actually read some good comments on using COLD water in one of the forum here.

If you apply aloe vera gel by fruit of the earth to the pimple it will go down without popping it. It won't completely dissapear the next day but by at least the second or third day the pimple will be gone and then you won't have to worry about popping it and leaving a scar.

Tea Tree Oil is one of the best natural antibacterial agents.

if you can find Tea Tree Oil in percentages of about 20 to 25% it is as effective as BP 2.5% but without the side effects such as dryness, redness and DEVELOPING RED MARKS

Tea Tree Oil is one of the best natural antibacterial agents.

if you can find Tea Tree Oil in percentages of about 20 to 25% it is as effective as BP 2.5% but without the side effects such as dryness, redness and DEVELOPING RED MARKS

Ya. I am a TTO addict.

I have the 15% TTO from TheBodyShop. And yesterday, I just bought other brand's TTO, it is 100%. I used it yesterday night while I was sleeping, and woke up this morning, the pimples get smaller.

I strongly agree with you that TTO is as effective as BP without the drying and redness effects of BP.