Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolinternets

best mineral makeup?

for a long time i've been wanting to try mineral makeup.

so far, the brand i've looked into most is bare escentuals. also, QVC.com currently has a pretty good deal of getting a brush, warming, foundation and mineral veil for like, 25 bucks.

but after scanning through the thread i've noticed lots of other mineral makeup brands mentioned.

so, in your opinions, which is the best?

best coverage, without cakeyness, and all that.

EVERYDAY MINERALS AND JOPPA!

If you want something fast and over the counter Physician's Formula is quite good!

EveryDay minerals will give you a sample kit (3 sample colors, blush, AND concelar) for the cost of shipping... so you can try out the different formulas and colors, etc...

You know makeup is one of those things that's so subjective. What works for one may not work for another. So far there are great responses to Joppa, and I personally love it, but it really does just take some trying out by the user. I used to use BE and it didn't work for me, but many people swears by them. It just depends on you and how your skin reacts to the chemicals in the makeup.

ive used BE before but i find it overpriced...im in the process of finding my shade in another brand and am looking into everyday minerals, joppa and jlynne minerals. all these are available online and i wish i could tell you which i like best, but i have yet to decide.

exactly! BE, and ALL the others are wayyyyyyy too expensive. I can not afford to pay $30-100 for the starter kit only to have it all wrong colours.

With everydayminerals, you pay the $3 or whatever and you can find the perfect shades!

If BE was all its cracked up to be, I'd be happy to pay the premium. Unfortunately it caused more break outs for me and made me itch, so I had to switch. Which I'm glad I did because Joppa is awesome, but still I wouldn't have tried Joppa if I didn't try BE first. Now I know what I need to look for.

What about mineral makeup with facial hair? I mean, I'm blonde so i don't wax everythign, but I do have (like my mom) a lot of facial hair like forehead fur and upper cheek hair (which I have waxed before butm skin there is reaaaaaaaally sensisitve so I don't do it often).

So does mineral mu show up fine hairs? Like powder does?

What about mineral makeup with facial hair? I mean, I'm blonde so i don't wax everythign, but I do have (like my mom) a lot of facial hair like forehead fur and upper cheek hair (which I have waxed before butm skin there is reaaaaaaaally sensisitve so I don't do it often).

I too have facial hair and I have found that mineral makeup works better. I'm assuming that because it's lighter weight that it doesn't cling to the hairs like liquid or creams.

REally? Well, well, welll....I may just have to spend more money on makeup.... :D

Now what's better? The Kabuki brish or the Foundation brush from Everyday Minerals?

From what I hear the brushes from Everyday Mineral sucks, but I don't have first hand experience with EM so this is just hear say.

I know Joppa's kabuki brush is awesome and does not shed, but their flat dome brush offers the maximum coverage. I got to say, I don't really have the facial hair problem but I can imagine how bad it would look with liquid foundation. I think SuzyQ may be right that the mineral makeup will be better because it's in powder form and doesn't cling to hair follicles as much.

i have to say i like joppa better than everyday minerals. i thought everyday minerals was fine until i tried joppa.

For best coverage and no easy rub offs go with Joppa. I like it and all but all the foundations are too grey n white for me I tried almost every one in full coverage. It covers my angry acne and scars like a charm but my face looks ghastly white in the mirror!!!

I'm liking Everyday Minerals pretty good coverage and the color are more earthy and they have variety of shades and also formulas. The only thing I don't like is easy easy rub-offs!!!

Both companies are highly affordable and customer service is over the top!

Veggie grls mineral are the best so far.And I have tried alot of them.Thecoverage is awesome.it lasts all day .and nothing in her minerals will cause you to breakout.thank you veggie :D

For the person that asked about the kabuki vs. the foundation brush, I would recommend the premium kabuki brush for foundation and the premium powder brush for the finishing dust. Both are VERY soft and come with a lifetime guarantee. I love them both and still use mine occasionally.

I usually rotate between those and my synthetic brushes.

Iceboi have you tried asking Amy which color is right for you? It sounds like you've been using the wrong colors if it looks ghostly white or gray. I've heard several people say the same thing until they found the right shade with Joppa. I tried their medium light and it looked pale and gray on me, but that's because I am a medium 1. You should give Joppa another try (with different foundation colors) if you really like their coverage.

Also Amy just made a few new shades of foundation, so maybe you will be a good candidate for the new shades. Just email her or post on the Joppa message board about the new shades.

For best coverage and no easy rub offs go with Joppa. I like it and all but all the foundations are too grey n white for me I tried almost every one in full coverage. It covers my angry acne and scars like a charm but my face looks ghastly white in the mirror!!!

I'm liking Everyday Minerals pretty good coverage and the color are more earthy and they have variety of shades and also formulas. The only thing I don't like is easy easy rub-offs!!!

Both companies are highly affordable and customer service is over the top!

I feel the same way.

I am not wasting my joppa foundation though, cuz I am mixing it with an everyday minerals sample that is slightly too dark to warm it up. I dont think the joppa foundation I got is too light, it is just GRAY (and is supposed to be a warm shade!!!). The everyday minerals I will order as a full size (as soon as all my other samples run out) is just as pale but much much warmer.

I've read that YoungBlood should be better than EM? Have no experience myself, though.

I've ordered the free samples from EM, but I'm afraid they won't come in time to the school dance :(

For me, Joppa, no matter what color, is too grey. You can put the colors up against other makeups and the colors are very grey in contrast and turn orangish on me an hour after I put them on. And Everyday Minerals break me out--though I do love their colors. I was in the process of changing birth controls when I tried them though and that may have been the problem--I am just nervous about trying them again because of that. I have been using Veggie Girls for a long time now and love them I am just having a hard time finding the right shade with hers. She doesn't have a web site up yet so it's kind of hard to get the perfect color with hers, especially when I need different colors for every season--depending on how deep my tan is. Everyone is so different, though, when it comes to what they want out of a makeup and their skin type. So everyone is obviously going to have different opinions on what makeup is "best". Good luck!

I just bought the tweeze hair remover by: emjoi and it takes a long time to do but it gets rid of facial hair.