Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Begin

Light treatments for red spots...

So it seems we are exiting the age of topical creams and pills, and moving on to light to solve our skin disorders; but what about those of us who have used medication (especially benzoyl peroxide) to solve our acne, but are now left with alot of red marks? Will light treatments fade red marks 100% in a couple months, and if so, which light? Blue or red?

I'm interested in burning alot of my money in investing into something to get rid of my redmarks, and as it seems lights are where it's at nowadays, so, will lights fade red marks 100% rapidly?

Thanks for the help.

Guest ~Wolfy~

So it seems we are exiting the age of topical creams and pills, and moving on to light to solve our skin disorders; but what about those of us who have used medication (especially benzoyl peroxide) to solve our acne, but are now left with alot of red marks? Will light treatments fade red marks 100% in a couple months, and if so, which light? Blue or red?

I'm interested in burning alot of my money in investing into something to get rid of my redmarks, and as it seems lights are where it's at nowadays, so, will lights fade red marks 100% rapidly?

Thanks for the help.

Red light helps quite a bit; but I'm sure it's not 100% faster. More like 10%.

Coverup makeup is excellent for red marks BTW.

Thanks for the help.

Red light helps quite a bit; but I'm sure it's not 100% faster. More like 10%.

Coverup makeup is excellent for red marks BTW.

Thanks for the reply. Only problem is I'm a guy :P, somehow I can see myself not putting on coverup correctly and everyone noticing. That wouldn't be fun :P.

Guest ~Wolfy~

Thanks for the reply. Only problem is I'm a guy :P, somehow I can see myself not putting on coverup correctly and everyone noticing. That wouldn't be fun :P.

Just say it's skin-coloured BP. Nobody gives a shit about that kind of thing.

Oh Ive been caught before and people do say something. Many don't give a shit but look at you funny and that wouldnt make you feel good at all.

i had a treatment of blue light today and it costs 50 bucks, im supposed to have a total of 8 of them at once a week. I dont have acne just red marks. Anyone done the same thing?

Guest ~Wolfy~

i had a treatment of blue light today and it costs 50 bucks, im supposed to have a total of 8 of them at once a week. I dont have acne just red marks. Anyone done the same thing?

Well, let us know if it does something.

I am going to buy a blue/red lamp. Blue kills the zits, red speeds up healing. I just need to find that darned site again, GRRRRRRR!

Oh Ive been caught before and people do say something. Many don't give a shit but look at you funny and that wouldnt make you feel good at all.

50 BUCKS? That's what my home lamp cost and I did just fine with my home lamp and have maintained my results. Doctors are scamming yall. You can get the same treatment at home with a little patience and time.

50 BUCKS? That's what my home lamp cost and I did just fine with my home lamp and have maintained my results. Doctors are scamming yall. You can get the same treatment at home with a little patience and time.

when i do it at the derm the light is so bright it covers every part of my face, i can feel the heat. If it does work then I would have best results with it. I woudlnt know how to do it myself and Im rich.

when i do it at the derm the light is so bright it covers every part of my face, i can feel the heat. If it does work then I would have best results with it. I woudlnt know how to do it myself and Im rich.

you can buy lamps that are bigger than those at the derm and that cover 1/3 of your body - for those with body acne. If you prefer to go the doctor all of the time, by all means, give the doctor your insurance and co-pay. They'll gladly accept it. :lol:

you can buy lamps that are bigger than those at the derm and that cover 1/3 of your body - for those with body acne. If you prefer to go the doctor all of the time, by all means, give the doctor your insurance and co-pay. They'll gladly accept it. :lol:

yeah i would

I am going to buy a blue/red lamp. Blue kills the zits, red speeds up healing. I just need to find that darned site again, GRRRRRRR!

I just ordered one from this site. Looks good to me. Going to be the first time I use one. My skin isn't terrible, but it does suffer a lot more in the winter. Plus, i think my mood suffers in the winter, as well, so this light will do me good.

http://www.veriluxstore.com/products/clearwave.htm

I got caught in 8th grade. It ruined my freaking year because I sat across from the bitch every day. :wall::wacko: