Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
foxy

Lemons...

Wouldn't the acid irritate your skin?

Probably, so dilute first :).

hm... Would it need to be only fresh lemon as in it wouldn't work from the bottle? Would it be ok to use on sensitive skin though?

Use fresh ones. For sensitive skin, as was mentioned before, dilute before using first. Adjust accordingly.

hm... When using a moisturizer when should a person use it? Before using a cleanser, after putting on bp, or after putting on the moisturizer? In addtion, which way would a person put it on, as in is using a cotton pad or a q tip would be fine to use?

hm... When using a moisturizer when should a person use it? Before using a cleanser, after putting on bp, or after putting on the moisturizer? In addtion, which way would a person put it on, as in is using a cotton pad or a q tip would be fine to use?

Use moisturizer when you feel your skin is dry. If you're going to use BP, its probably best a little after. Don't know what a cleanser is, I'm guessing its to remove makeup? If thats the case, then use that before everything else. So:

Cleanser (if makeup is on) -> BP -> Moisturiser (if needed)

To put on moisturiser, I use my fingers and hand, and then manhandle my face. Qtips sounds a little over the top.

Lmao.. manhandling your face. Niice

Yup yup, gives me that rough, chiseled look. Can't live with a cute bunny looking face all the time :naughty:.

hm... I think I wrote it incorrectly. It was supposed to be about the lemons, not the moisturizer, sorry. When should a person use the lemon juice, before using a cleanser (removes dirt and oil), after putting on bp, or after putting on the moisturizer? In addtion, which way would a person put it (the lemon juice) on, using a cotton pad, using a q tip or using something else?

hm... I think I wrote it incorrectly. It was supposed to be about the lemons, not the moisturizer, sorry. When should a person use the lemon juice, before using a cleanser (removes dirt and oil), after putting on bp, or after putting on the moisturizer? In addtion, which way would a person put it (the lemon juice) on, using a cotton pad, using a q tip or using something else?

Oh okay, I'd say after a cleanser to avoid mixing with stuff already on your face. I don't know if its a good idea to put on BP right after lemoning, might be too harsh, but maybe you can test it out first. I use cotton pads to put mine on, covers a larger area, & saves time. Qtips are slow, and I don't know if you can put enough on your face with them. Just feels like the "amount per scrape" is too low.

hey i have some blackheads on my cheek but i dont know how to use the lemon juice

can i leave it on overnight and go to sleep? would it be too harsh for the skin?

urgetnly waiting for reply

someone nice pls provide some info god i swear every morning i wake up with more blackheads it sucks to the core

also, another question. how does the lemon work? does it actually dissolve the blackheads or plug em out for easy extraction? or just plain deoxidizing so its actually still there just not visible?

pls reply

hmm use my lemon tree to make lemonade or get rid of blackheads...

decisions, decisions... lol

In response to an earlier question about whether drinking pure lemon juice is bad because it is highly acidic;

Well the body is quite smart. When you eat or drink lemon the substances in the fruit, just like any other fruit or vegetable, turn alkaline. So it is in fact an alkalizing fruit when consumed, as I've read. Although it isn't good for your teeth as it erodes away the enamel.

It is great for blackheads as it slowly dissolves away the gunk that makes up the blackhead and allowing your skin time to heal, if you apply lemon every second night or so. It is still acidic if applied to the skin, as it is not consumed, so those with sensitive skin should dilute it with water about 50/50 as stated in this thread. The citric and other acids in the lemon also act as anti-bacterial substances.

great stuff to help with acne overall.

thanks danzel. thats convincing enough i'll try it tonight

however, if i use it every night and expose to the sun in the next morning will it make my skin blotchy? i will of course wash my face thoroughly with cleanser first.

wow. i used this stuff for the first night and when i woke up i thnik most of my BH's shrinked like 50% and some large pores have closed... its great! will do this every night from now on!

Those of you that drink lemon water - consider drinking it through a straw. All that acid can really damage your teeth.

lol that sounded mafia-ish

I dont know whether to believe if lemon juice helps get rid of blackheads. People also tell me its better to wash my face with just plain water. I dont believe that so Im not sure if I should believe that lemon juice theory either.

I dont know whether to believe if lemon juice helps get rid of blackheads. People also tell me its better to wash my face with just plain water. I dont believe that so Im not sure if I should believe that lemon juice theory either.

well if you try it then you will find out what to believe :dance:

Lemons would work bc they are acidic like ACV. Lemons also bleaches your skin so that could help with redmarks .. bleach as in it will brighten your complexion.