Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Sol

Please help me, I need advice and help with regimen!!

Hi this is my first time posting on the board but I have read the posts for a while now. I'm 17 and I have not serious acne now but when pimples do come they come big, I don't know what to call them but just recently I had a huge pimple on the side of my jaw.I started the regimen like a week before school started with a lot of faith that I would finally get clear skin, well its been about 2 months with the regimen and it just isn't clearing me. Here's a little history of the stuff I've tried: tried some clinique stuff that I saw at the mall that contained alcohol (dam that stuff burned) did not work, tried pro-activ (expensive worked for a while but hit a plateau), then saw doc and he gave me benzoclin(expensive and did improve much), went to derm and he gave me antibiotic pills and retin-a(same thing didn't advance), I quit the pills and retin and tried the regimen and have done it for 2 months and feel that it isn't really working that well. So this leads me to my question, what should I do? I'm thinking of going back to the derm and see what he says. I have some what seems to be rolling scars on my chest for a breakout i had a year ago and i have a few red marks on my face. I want to first get clear then worry about scars but I get sort of depressed because I just can't seem to do neither of the two. Tell me what you think I could try or medicines you've heard of besides Accutane. Thanks for reading I know it's long and I'm sure I forgot to put some stuff down but please any suggestions will help. smile.gif

Hi this is my first time posting on the board but I have read the posts for a while now. I'm 17 and I have not serious acne now but when pimples do come they come big, I don't know what to call them but just recently I had a huge pimple on the side of my jaw.I started the regimen like a week before school started with a lot of faith that I would finally get clear skin, well its been about 2 months with the regimen and it just isn't clearing me. Here's a little history of the stuff I've tried: tried some clinique stuff that I saw at the mall that contained alcohol (dam that stuff burned) did not work, tried pro-activ (expensive worked for a while but hit a plateau), then saw doc and he gave me benzoclin(expensive and did improve much), went to derm and he gave me antibiotic pills and retin-a(same thing didn't advance), I quit the pills and retin and tried the regimen and have done it for 2 months and feel that it isn't really working that well. So this leads me to my question, what should I do? I'm thinking of going back to the derm and see what he says. I have some what seems to be rolling scars on my chest for a breakout i had a year ago and i have a few red marks on my face. I want to first get clear then worry about scars but I get sort of depressed because I just can't seem to do neither of the two. Tell me what you think I could try or medicines you've heard of besides Accutane. Thanks for reading I know it's long and I'm sure I forgot to put some stuff down but please any suggestions will help.  smile.gif

Well right now I'm using Neutrogena's on-the-spot treatment, the neutrogena soap. I wash my face in the morning and at night and apply bp after like 15 post-washing face. Tell me what else you need to know?

:-k

try drinking plenty of water on a daily basis. this helps remove toxins from the body and can help prevent nasty flare ups, and i mean a lot of water. Also, i noticed that you did not mention if you tried b5. i am just starting to take it but i am convinced that it is probably the most efficient way of clearing acne in conjunction with accutane. I have just read so many damn articles giving very positive feedback on b5, as well as many companys offer money back and then some if your acne doesn't clear in 2-3 months. At least do some research and youll see what i mean.

You might want to try icing the bp ala the acne cure. Keep the bp in the fridge, then use ice to cool face and hands, apply bp then lay down with ice pack on your face for 10 minutes. The coolness takess down the swelling from the pimple infection so that the bp can get into the pores.