Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you ever noticed that acne (whether you have it or are clear now) radically changes your personality? I still wear a hood most of the time and usually have my face more towards the ground, my self confidence is just starting to grow again. Acne is my excuse for alot of things. I also touch my face/rub my nose alot but that's usually because BP is flaking off or something

acne did really chance my personallity i think. But i cant be sure because the age it started (13-14) and now i am 18, and in this time of your life a lot of people have their personallity changed. Dont know if acne is the cause.

I am always afraid to look people in the eyes, especially girls, and i always look down whenever i walk over the street to avoid seeing that people look at me (or maybe that isnt true, dont know about that).

Hiya!

Yeah I find that I always look at the ground and also can never look anyone in the eyes, because I don't want anyone to see my face. My parents used to always say that I am ignorant for doing this, when in fact I am not at all. I always wear clothes that cover my body up and also can never wear my hair up nice cause I have to use it to cover up the sides of my face and forehead. I think that I would be a completely different person if it wasn't for my acne.

yeah me 2, acne had (has even now) a major impact on my life. I was social, and i still am, but only with good friends. When a lot of unknown people are around i am shy, afraid to talk, afraid to make jokes etc.

I hate it i have the feeling my life could be so much more complete if i didnt have acne.

I'll always look away from people when speaking to them, only making eye contacts for short bursts at a time.

I also sometimes where a hat and pull the brim down low so it covers some of IT. I'll also usually walk with my head down as well.

i haven't worn my hair up to school yet this school year. i really don't feel comfortable with it because i usually get zits on the sides of my face, and even if i don't have any zits that day, i still wear make up cover up red marks and scars and i feel like when my hair is down my make up doesn't look as obvious because it isn't as notically that my face is a bit of a different shade than my neck. i dunno i am just really self concious about it.

- In public, I always wear my hat.

- I approach people at certain angles, and always turn my face a certain way so they cant see the bad side of my face.

- When someone walks by, I always act like Im fixing my hat so I can cover my acne.

Damn.. I hate itt..

yea i agree acne has had a significant change on my personality but then again i also agree with the above post by leon that during this time (teenage yrs) changes occur anyways. a part of growing up.

but yes... sometimes i DO NOT want to go anywhere if I have a bad breakout.

well i mean changes occur and all but excluding freshmen year (i broke 12 bones) i had a very healthy highschool life socially. I was confident and never really had bad days. when i was overseas doing some BS doctors without borders thing and in thailand because i was grimy for like 2 and a half months got really bad acne. that was about 5 years ago and i have had acne since. now (after a 4 year break) i'm starting college and acne's getting a little better only now am i slightly improving. and i still will not go to class if my acne's still bad

well more like a moral's retarted cousin. more like how my confidence changed with the introduction of acne. i still love the food though. biggrin.gif/