Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cervantes86

will castration get rid of acne?

iam not making a joke here.iam serious.since hormones makes the oil glands secrete too much oil, will castration get rid of acne?dont androgens come from the gonads?if the females ovaries are removed, and the male's testes are removed, will the acne go away?

I remember reading some guy here got castrated for a number of reasons & acne was one of them. I'm not sure how it worked for him though

that's insane for two reasons:

1.it's stupid to do such an extreme thing to just get rid of acne, there are a lot more solutions that are less drastic (tried accutane or CSR yet?)

2.it's very, very possible that your skin will still get acne even if you get castrated

I remember reading some guy here got castrated for a number of reasons & acne was one of them. I'm not sure how it worked for him though

yep. i think that was a hoax though.

anyway, your adrenal gland also produces testosterone. i'm no m.d. or d.o., but removing your nuts in hopes of curing acne probably isn't the best idea...hell, it's not even a guarantee that it'll cure it. heh. keep in mind that acne is not ALL hormonal...environment, diet, skin contact, and of course, genetics.

This is just silly. You could certainly do this. Men who do this are called Eunichs. (well, they cut off everything) But I'm sure you'd leave the meat, right? Anyways, do a little research on this. People who have this done eventually need to go on some sort of hormone therapy. Your body doesn't function well without hormones.

My cousin had testicular cancer so he diddnt have a choice, but he is on hormone therapy and therefore is quite healthy now.

I could imagine that you could cut them off, and wait till your skin is clear, then go on hormone therapy gradually and tentatively. But again, you would suffer horrible effects...(demasculization, loss of libido, energy, focus, strength, weight, drive....

If you were going to dick with your hormones, I would suggest going on dht and test. blockers. DHT is much more powerful to your body overall than test, but test still has a mild effect on your skin.

-Eric James

omg, for ppl who suffer from acne, you guys are just as bad as the ppl who make fun ppl with acne.first of all, where in my post did i typed that i was thinking of doing this or that planning to?it was just a question.for those who just answered maturely, thank you.geez.

cutting your balls off is one way to sort your hormones out.

or you could swallow some capsules with borage oil in it...

i actually read your blog.sounds hopefull, and maybe one day ill try it.but how come you have no graduates yet?is this something new?

omg, for ppl who suffer from acne, you guys are just as bad as the ppl who make fun ppl with acne.first of all, where in my post did i typed that i was thinking of doing this or that planning to?it was just a question.for those who just answered maturely, thank you.geez.

What you really wanted to know was if testosterone was blocked, would acne go away. Maybe it was the was you stated it that got the harsh responses.

Platinum