Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
magneticxboy

Help with under eye concealer

I use Bare Minerals Medium Beige everyday and I tan about once every week or once every two weeks.. Bare Minerals dosent really do anything for my dark circels and the small amount of tanning I do helps a bit.. (I dont want to tan anymore than I am) so I'm looking for a good under eye concealer.. As long as its under $30 I'm good..

I was looking through Sephora and found some cool products, but to be honest there is soo many.. I have no idea what to get..

Guest Sincerely_Me

Have you actually used the BM CONCEALER or just the foundation?

Also, are you getting it to match your skin tone? It should be 1-2 shades lighter.

Also, are you getting it to match your skin tone? It should be 1-2 shades lighter.

I just use the foundation.. (and i'm happy with it, just looking for something for my dark circles) Is there concealer good aswell.. When I looked at it online it looks the same as the foundation.. Sorry Im a guy I dont really know that much about makeup stuff. lol

Guest Sincerely_Me

I just use the foundation.. (and i'm happy with it, just looking for something for my dark circles) Is there concealer good aswell.. When I looked at it online it looks the same as the foundation.. Sorry Im a guy I dont really know that much about makeup stuff. lol

If you like the foundation, you'll like the concealer. And yes, get it one to two shades lighter than your skin. =)

It's a common misconception that you should be using a concealer lighter than your skin tone. It should be an exact match. The difference between concealer and foundation is that a good concealer is full coverage. A foundation should be slightly less coverage, with the exception of professional products and "medical cosmetics" such as dermablend. Using a lighter concealer doesn't help hide undereye circles, it just creates a racoon effect.

Concealers I love:

-benefit boi-ing. though you have to make absolutely sure it's been throughly set with powder or it'll crease.

-smashbox camera ready full coverage concealer. again, make sure it's set

-dermablend. it sets on it's own. long wearing. you only need a little bit of product. very nice.

-benefit eye bright. not actually a concealer. the application process takes forever, you need to use a very delicate touch. this product contracts what I just said about not using a lighter concealer, it's a fair pink tone. but you'd powder over it. eye bright is sort of an optical illusion than a concealer. it hides the circles and makes you look very wide awake. like a new born baby.

If your under eye circles have a blueish tint, then get a concelar that has a yellow base. Same concept that is behind green concelar for red acne. The yellow contrasts with the blue and balances it out. Then blend with your regular foundation.

Physician's Formula Concealer Twins. One side has yellow-tinted concealer (to help conceal blue-ish or purple-ish dark circles) and the other has a regular color. You'll want to find the regular color closest to your skin tone because you can use this over the top of the yellow concealer to make your darkcircle coverage look more natural and less raccoon-ish. Hope that helped.