Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikee

i need proof

ok i realli want to do everything i can so my acne will leave. im currently on 40mg accutane a day and using steivamycin gel forte. now im working on my diet. im doing some heavy cross country so i gotta keep this in mind. i already minimize all the bad stuff in you just im wondering from what everyone says on the site, does cutting out dairy really help? can some post pics? im starting just soy and cuttin out a bunch of stuff with milk ingerdiants in it to see a difference. but soy tastes so much better anyways.

thanks in advance!

please respond :(

well depending on how long you have been analyzing your diet, shouldnt You be able to tell whether dairy affects you or not? of course some will argue that it doesnt do anything to them while others, such as myself, will claim that it causes dire results, but its entirely up to you to figure out whether it really helps or not. i always notice that when i consume heavy dairy crap, then i break out within days.

w/e, just rambling

It depends on an individual basis, certain people will break out from dairy and certain others' won't. Eliminate all dairy from your diet for 3 weeks, and gauge results at the end... if there's not much difference, you can rest assured that dairy isn't your problem. But then we do get the posts about some guy simply eliminating dairy and completely clearing.

With that said, the best form of dairy is fermented variety like yogurt, kefir, sour cream, and cream cheese as long as it has the living cultures present.

cutting out anything out of your diet will temporarily make stuff better.....

I don't suggest it, not to cut it out totally.... you really need the fat in your diet while your on accutane, it doesn't work without it.

It depends on an individual basis, certain people will break out from dairy and certain others' won't. Eliminate all dairy from your diet for 3 weeks, and gauge results at the end... if there's not much difference, you can rest assured that dairy isn't your problem. But then we do get the posts about some guy simply eliminating dairy and completely clearing.

With that said, the best form of dairy is fermented variety like yogurt, kefir, sour cream, and cream cheese as long as it has the living cultures present.

I agree!!! I am one of those who can't drink milk, but OK with the above, and cheese if Ok for me in small amounts.

I'm not 100% sure but in my expirience I think it did help. I went completey Vegan about 6 months ago. I noticed a huge change in my skin and overall health. I know that milk contains all kinds of crazy stuff that your body is not supposed to be digesting. The reason I say I'm not 100% sure is I started the regimine at about the same time that I cut out the dairy. But for your overall health cutting out dairy is one of the best things you can do.

I have been drinking 1-2 litres milk everyday since the last 3 years and i dont have active acne since then.It really depends on people,i think diet only comes to play mainly when you are allergic to some food/drinks.I get whiteheads when i have red meat but they go away within 2-3 days.But anyway you should cut diary little bit since vitamin interracts with accutane.

There's no point cutting out dairy whilst your on accutane because if you see an improvement you will not know whether it is because of the accutane or because you have quit dairy.

I agreed that it totally depends on individual. Dairy products didnt cause me breakouts, so I still consume it daily. But, I reacts negatively to fried, spicy, oily food and those which put burden to my liver.

for me there was never any correlation between diet and acne. in time i just cleared up. i eat dairy a lot everyday and never have a problem. i would however drink a lot of water everyday.

In the real world, there is no proof. This isn't mathematics/physics where everything is strictly defined and limited within bounds. There are so many variables involved in the functioning of your body; to make matters worse, your body is unique.

Cutting dairy may help you. Milk is fairly hard on your endocrine balance. At the same time, there are a lot of possible dietary causes. It involves experimentation. And don't just look towards this site for "possible causes" for the above reason. Anything from your food to the air you breathe and the world around you can cause any number of diseases.

ok i realli want to do everything i can so my acne will leave. im currently on 40mg accutane a day and using steivamycin gel forte. now im working on my diet. im doing some heavy cross country so i gotta keep this in mind. i already minimize all the bad stuff in you just im wondering from what everyone says on the site, does cutting out dairy really help? can some post pics? im starting just soy and cuttin out a bunch of stuff with milk ingerdiants in it to see a difference. but soy tastes so much better anyways.

thanks in advance!

please respond :(

I cut dairy out of my diet, and YES it does help! It didnt cure me, but when I eat dairy I get BIG pimples... and when I cut dairy out I get smaller ones... it's so weird. Oh an from experimenting, I found that gluten doesnt bother me. I cut it out for a while and then added it back in and didnt see a difference. I might get an allergy test tho.

If you are on Accutane, I'm not sure you can get an accurate guage on what is truly causing you problems.

Just something to think about.

I noticed when I went vegetarian/vegan my skin started glowing and my pimples got a lot smaller.

But heck, the overall benefits I saw with my health in general amazed me.

I have never felt more healthier in my life than now, and would never go back to that meat/dairy diet.