Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazbo

Question about my acne

So, once again my derm has given me a product that doesn't work. There's $50 spent on something that has no effect. He suggested I try Zinc tablets, and all they did was make me break out. Lovely. But my real question is, do you think my acne will stop?

I didn't hit puberty until late, I was about 15 maybe closer to 16 when I first hit puberty, my voice didn't break until I was 16. So do you think that because I started later, that's why I still get acne? I mean, my friends had acne when they were 12 years old, and by the time high school was over, their skin was clear, but I had only just started to get it.

So, you think my acne is hormonal? And it will eventally go away, or should I keep trying to stop it.

Incase anyone is wondering, I eat nothing but healthy foods, I drink LOTS of water, clean my sheets a lot, wash my face daily and nightly, apply topical creams, and avoid pretty much every sugar based food.

you know, when we first try a treatment, we breakout as hell, because our skin is getting used to it, I have never tried Zinc tablets, but maybe that's the reason why you think it didn't work??

It happens when you use CSR, accutane, or any other product to help your skin.

yep it will stop, you just gotta find the right product for you :)

how is your acne like?

I used to think that my acne would never stop, too, but it did!

it took a long time though, be patient!!

It is prolly the Zinc tablets then giving you an IB. I think thats what it did to me, but even so I am not sure. As I think it was my fault--> changing cleansers all the time on my skin. How much do you take of it? (I take 50 mgs daily after supper), and it takes about a month for you to see good results(its been a lil but over a month for me now). Stick with it, (at least for a month) and just keep an eye on your skin. If you think its breaking you out, continuing to..then stop. If not, continue and it will clear you up. I promise you. Make sure you take vitamin E with it though!

So, once again my derm has given me a product that doesn't work. There's $50 spent on something that has no effect. He suggested I try Zinc tablets, and all they did was make me break out. Lovely. But my real question is, do you think my acne will stop?

I didn't hit puberty until late, I was about 15 maybe closer to 16 when I first hit puberty, my voice didn't break until I was 16. So do you think that because I started later, that's why I still get acne? I mean, my friends had acne when they were 12 years old, and by the time high school was over, their skin was clear, but I had only just started to get it.

So, you think my acne is hormonal? And it will eventally go away, or should I keep trying to stop it.

Incase anyone is wondering, I eat nothing but healthy foods, I drink LOTS of water, clean my sheets a lot, wash my face daily and nightly, apply topical creams, and avoid pretty much every sugar based food.

who the hell hits puberty at 12-13...? i guess girls do. well, dont worry. i got acne at 15 and by 20 got clear.

I'm not convinced that the zinc isn't causing the breakouts. Honestly, until I started taking it, my acne as very mild. Then as soon as I started taking it, it went terrible. I'd like to stay on it, sure, but what if it causing the breakouts, then I've got a month of zinc in my system. Not good.