Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mee-mee

Frustrated

I need help! I'm getting frustrated. I've been doing CSR faithfully sicne August 16th and I'm not seeing much results. My face is still peeling and itchy and my face keeps breaking out. I know that I'm supposed to give it three months, at least but, shouldn't it be a little better? Any advice would be appreciated!

bs, i think that you can go without moisturizer over night...idk tho, maybe ill try some moisturizer tonight before i sleep

its possible, but wouldnt it be safer to keep your face fully moisurized day AND night?

it makes sense.

I actually do moisturize both am and pm, I have to change my signature. So, that's not the problem. But, thatnks.

I need help! I'm getting frustrated. I've been doing CSR faithfully sicne August 16th and I'm not seeing much results. My face is still peeling and itchy and my face keeps breaking out. I know that I'm supposed to give it three months, at least but, shouldn't it be a little better? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi mee-mee,

It is not uncommon to still be experiencing breakouts after a month, so keep hanging in there. You should now be at the full amount of BP, so that will also help with the clearing.

My one concern is that you are using that Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser. Isn't that one a cream cleanser that doesn't lather? If that is correct, it may not be getting your skin clean and prepared for BP, especially if you have oily skin and/or wear makeup (as mentioned in your sig.). Many of us have realized that non-lathering cleansers just do not get oily skin clean and they do not get makeup off. So if you think this may be a factor, do consider a different cleanser, one that lathers such as Purpose bar or Purpose Wash or the CSR gentle cleanser.

Hope this helps.

Hi mee-mee,

It is not uncommon to still be experiencing breakouts after a month, so keep hanging in there. You should now be at the full amount of BP, so that will also help with the clearing.

My one concern is that you are using that Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser. Isn't that one a cream cleanser that doesn't lather? If that is correct, it may not be getting your skin clean and prepared for BP, especially if you have oily skin and/or wear makeup (as mentioned in your sig.). Many of us have realized that non-lathering cleansers just do not get oily skin clean and they do not get makeup off. So if you think this may be a factor, do consider a different cleanser, one that lathers such as Purpose bar or Purpose Wash or the CSR gentle cleanser.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I will try that. I do feel like the neutrogena doesn't get all the make-up off all of the time and then I feel like I have to over-wash. I have some CSR wash that I was going to use after the neutrogena ran out. I'll just try it now. Thanks.

Great! yes, go ahead and use the CSR cleanser. Make sure you are using a generous amount of BP (one full fat finger worth of CSR gel, or two squiggly lines of N on-the-spot) and you can continue with your Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer.

Please let us know if the cleaneser change helps things.