Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Putatoe

My skin is very dry and feels like it's peeling even if you can't see it, it's like not smooth anymore, is this a problem?

I've started using the regimen, and my skin is so red and dry, whenever I smile or something, I feel like my skin is cracking. Also, on my cheeks my skin isn't smooth, it's kind of rough like sandpaper. Am I doing something wrong? I have just started the regimen, is this the reaction?

It is possible that you may have started with too much BP. It is recommended that you start out with a very small amount and work your way up to the full amount.

What moisturizer are you using? Extreme dryness can occur as your face adjusts to the BP, so it is critical that you use a good moisturizer. Dan recommends Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (8oz or 16oz.bottlc) as it is very hydrating and good at getting rid of flakes. Once you have been on CSR for several weeks, you can switch to a moisturizer with AHA such as Lac Hydrin Five. The lactic acid helps exfoliate the dead skin and eliminate flakes.

I hope this helps.

Get used to it. Even if you use enougn lotion, you will still feel somewhat dry and definitely stay red.

interesting opinion. could you please then explain to me why i no longer have dry skin and no longer have a red complexion? id be really interested to hear what magic im using.

I've started using the regimen, and my skin is so red and dry, whenever I smile or something, I feel like my skin is cracking. Also, on my cheeks my skin isn't smooth, it's kind of rough like sandpaper. Am I doing something wrong? I have just started the regimen, is this the reaction?

It is possible that you may have started with too much BP. It is recommended that you start out with a very small amount and work your way up to the full amount.

What moisturizer are you using? Extreme dryness can occur as your face adjusts to the BP, so it is critical that you use a good moisturizer. Dan recommends Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (8oz or 16oz.bottlc) as it is very hydrating and good at getting rid of flakes. Once you have been on CSR for several weeks, you can switch to a moisturizer with AHA such as Lac Hydrin Five. The lactic acid helps exfoliate the dead skin and eliminate flakes.

I hope this helps.

I agree with Shanky. ^

Putatoe,

You may have started out with too much benzoyl peroxide. We usually recommend people start the Regimen using only a very small amount of BP and gradually work your way up to the full generous amount.

And do be sure you are using a good moisturizer. I also recommend the one's that Shanky mentioned above!