Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCat'sMeow

So I went to see my derm today.

To help with my zits. He said since minocycline didn't seem to work, we'll try this, and if this doesn't work, we'll have to start on accutane. Yay. :whistle:

I'm also using Tazorac (0.1) and this BP cleanser.

Has anyone used Alesse for acne? Does it work?

(If I'm posting on the wrong board, let me know please. :lol: )

Guest Sincerely_Me

I've been on BC, but not because of acne, lol. Um, I didn't find it helped much. It might though, I guess you need to take it for a while, but I hate the way BC makes me feel.

I've been on BC, but not because of acne, lol. Um, I didn't find it helped much. It might though, I guess you need to take it for a while, but I hate the way BC makes me feel.

^ Mmm, yeah. It makes me feel really queasy. But some type of BC help with acne, and some types dont. Did you gain weight from it?

I was only on Yasmin for a month and I felt like shit. I was sooo moody.. cried at everythinggg.. and had headaches every single day. I'm glad im off of it now & taking vitamins instead!

I'm currently on my 3rd month of Alesse and I definately like it. I've always had problems when it comes to that time of the month and Alesse seems to keep things in control alot better than Diane 35 or Ortho-tri Cyclen. I don't know if its really done anything for my acne yet (its only been 3 months) but being 20 years old I really don't think going off birth control is a good idea (if you know what I mean ;). Hope this helps!

Guest Guest

I would not recommend using Aleese for clear skin. I used to be on Ortho Tri Cyclen and this worked wonderfully for clear skin. However, it also made me retain water and gain weight...a lot. So I asked my dr to swtich to a low-dose BC and she prescribed Alesse. It's great because i lost all the weight, but not great for my skin. My acne (mild acne) came back within a few months and has not cleared up since. Now, of course, it might be a case-by-case circumstance, but for me, Alesse did NOT work for zit control. If you are not worried about weight gain, try Ortho Tri Cyclen. It was a dream for my skin.

To help with my zits. He said since minocycline didn't seem to work, we'll try this, and if this doesn't work, we'll have to start on accutane. Yay. :whistle:

I'm also using Tazorac (0.1) and this BP cleanser.

Has anyone used Alesse for acne? Does it work?

(If I'm posting on the wrong board, let me know please. :lol: )

Ii've been on Alesse for 4 months, hasnt helped much :( sorry to say. It's REALLy low estrogen so I've been spotting alot, it's not fun... Good luck though! Hope it works better for you :).