Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wangeltear

optimal length of interval for fraxel treatments?

The doctor recommends to have one fraxel treatment per month. Why do we need to wait for this long , if it is no-abrasive? Aren't three weeks or even shorter enough? Just to think that it takes half of a year to get the six treatments done for the 50% recovery they suggest. And in the meantime, we cannot use retin-a, tazorac, microdermabrasion or anything. May I know the opinion of you guys? Thanks

The doctor recommends to have one fraxel treatment per month. Why do we need to wait for this long , if it is no-abrasive? Aren't three weeks or even shorter enough? Just to think that it takes half of a year to get the six treatments done for the 50% recovery they suggest. And in the meantime, we cannot use retin-a, tazorac, microdermabrasion or anything. May I know the opinion of you guys? Thanks

I'm far from an expert, but from my understanding of reading these boards was that you want to give time for the newly formed collagen to form. I guess it's still fragile in this early stage that you could ultimately ruin or possibly destroy it? Not sure exactly how, but that is just what I thought. I guess the collagen is still in a fragile state. Good question though and I wouldn't mind hearing others opinions as well.

I think it is so your body has time for the collagen to build in your scars. Not to disregard your ?'s but I just wanted to add to it. I think I remembered reading something about the collagen to continue to build for up to yr. someone please correct me if I'm wrong and if that is the case then should't the sessions b spaced out even longer like anually?

I'm far from an expert, but from my understanding of reading these boards was that you want to give time for the newly formed collagen to form. I guess it's still fragile in this early stage that you could ultimately ruin or possibly destroy it? Not sure exactly how, but that is just what I thought. I guess the collagen is still in a fragile state. Good question though and I wouldn't mind hearing others opinions as well.

For my 6 Fraxel treatments last winter, I was going every 2 weeks. It felt like I was just able to come out of hiding and I had to do it all over again. This time I plan on taking 3 to 4 weeks in between treatments. I don't care if it takes longer, the down time is too hard when you're going so often.

How much is your improvement for 6 fraxel treatment? some people on this board also suggested PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration might be more effective. Have you taken that one, too?

For my 6 Fraxel treatments last winter, I was going every 2 weeks. It felt like I was just able to come out of hiding and I had to do it all over again. This time I plan on taking 3 to 4 weeks in between treatments. I don't care if it takes longer, the down time is too hard when you're going so often.

How much is your improvement for 6 fraxel treatment? some people on this board also suggested PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration might be more effective. Have you taken that one, too?

My husband and I agree it's about 30%. I haven't had PSR3. This time around my doctor is going with the new Fraxel.

ALso, just to chime in, your skin is pretty fragile after having fraxel. Ilearned this the hard way. It looked fine, so I figured it WAS fine. I tried to extract some blackheads and as gentle as I was, it still left red abrasions behind. So BE CAREFUL.

My doctor advised a MINIMUM of three weeks. Spacing further apart isn't a problem, but closer together was.

#1cubsfan: when do you start the new fraxel machine? I'm dying to hear how they go!