Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

Differin- did I use it incorrectly?

I used Differin for a few months, and finally gave up and switched to the CSR. However, I read somewhere that the Differin is not absorbed unless the skin is completely dry- I think that I must have been using it incorrectly because my skin was never irritated or anything from it. I heard that Differin is supposed to unclog pores after a few weeks (but my pores were the reason I stopped using it- they never went away)

So did I just make a huge mistake? :confused:

I don't think I can go back because I have been on the CSR for a few days and my skin is rather irritated...but now I'm thinking the reason the Differin was ineffective was my own fault. :doubt:

Guest Sincerely_Me

Apply it when your skin is dry. Why would you do otherwise?!

And not everyone is sensitive to a topical. I have Differin Cream specifically because I thought the gel would be too harsh on me skin. I'm less irritated with Differin than ever was with a simple BP. Differin unclogs pores, true, it gets rid of the bacteria causing acne, it doesn't say anything about shrinking them.

However, Differin, like other topicals won't work the same for everyone.

Apply it when your skin is dry. Why would you do otherwise?!

And not everyone is sensitive to a topical. I have Differin Cream specifically because I thought the gel would be too harsh on me skin. I'm less irritated with Differin than ever was with a simple BP. Differin unclogs pores, true, it gets rid of the bacteria causing acne, it doesn't say anything about shrinking them.

However, Differin, like other topicals won't work the same for everyone.

No, my skin was only slightly moist- it wasn't wet lol. :lol:

Guest Sincerely_Me

Ohhhhhh! But moist...eh, I'd have your skin be totally dry before doing anything.

Ohhhhhh! But moist...eh, I'd have your skin be totally dry before doing anything.

Which was my question :P - I was thinking that the Differin didn't work to its full potential because my skin wasn't always completely dry. :think:

Guest Sincerely_Me

You're probably right. Are you still on Differin?

You're probably right. Are you still on Differin?

Nope, I stopped and began the CSR a week ago. I'm not sure if that was a good decision. :doh::think: