Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loulou22

Pissed off that i started the csr

It will be 7 weeks tomorrow that i have been using the csr and all i can say is that it has got ALOT worse,i dont get it because everyone else it seems to be working for and i started off with only a few spots.

Now i have lots of big red painful ones that do not have heads and also loads of red marks...each week seems to be getting worse.

Im scared to stop it because im worried it will get even worse.

I have just changed cleanser to pears soap which seems very drying but i can sort that out with the moisturiser.

Should I carry on and hope things clear up or should i quit now? :wall:

I'm in my 6th week and I have about 4 active zits (3 whiteheads and 1 under the surface like you describe) and tons of red marks. I am frustrated at my slow progress, but everyone will tell you to hang in there. I am committed to at least 3 months no matter how disappointed I feel. I am still experiencing dryness/flakiness and redness/stinging, which is doubly frustrating. I should be way over the hardening effect but here I sit. :doh: I can't even get up to the full dose of bp because my skin goes nuts. So just keep telling yourself that some progress is better than NO progress and tough it out. It is my understanding that unless you are allergic, if you follow the CSR strictly then you will see results eventually so with that in mind, I'm continuing on. Good Luck!

It will be 7 weeks tomorrow that i have been using the csr and all i can say is that it has got ALOT worse,i dont get it because everyone else it seems to be working for and i started off with only a few spots.

Now i have lots of big red painful ones that do not have heads and also loads of red marks...each week seems to be getting worse.

I have just changed cleanser to pears soap which seems very drying but i can sort that out with the moisturiser.

Can you post your regimen? Try to be as precise as possible.

Can you post your regimen? Try to be as precise as possible.

Thanks for the reply,heres my regimen.

Wake up wash face with pears soap(only just changed to that from botanics face wash)

Dry face and wait about 5 mins..face very dry at that point,apply thin line of quinodern cream 5% bp all over face.

Wait 10-15 mins then apply eurcerin moisturiser.

Same in the evening,i wasnt applying moisturiser at night before but since using pears soap ive had to start using it at night aswell.

I'm in my 6th week and I have about 4 active zits (3 whiteheads and 1 under the surface like you describe) and tons of red marks. I am frustrated at my slow progress, but everyone will tell you to hang in there. I am committed to at least 3 months no matter how disappointed I feel. I am still experiencing dryness/flakiness and redness/stinging, which is doubly frustrating. I should be way over the hardening effect but here I sit. :doh: I can't even get up to the full dose of bp because my skin goes nuts. So just keep telling yourself that some progress is better than NO progress and tough it out. It is my understanding that unless you are allergic, if you follow the CSR strictly then you will see results eventually so with that in mind, I'm continuing on. Good Luck!

Hey thanks for the reply. I hope yours gets better soon,how bad was it in the begining?

You said some progress is better than no progress,im having no progress as it is alot worse than ever before. :(

Ha! 5% BP. That could be your problem right there. My skin hardly stands 2,5% BP, it would die under 5%.

+ use a gentle non-drying soap (if Pears is that then it's ok, but you said in the first post that Pears dries you out, so you should change it)

You see, dry skin also causes acne. If your skin is to dry and irritated from the 5% BP and drying wash, then it's no wonder you are still breaking out.

Use Dan's BP and his face wash. Use them for 3 months.

Ha! 5% BP. That could be your problem right there. My skin hardly stands 2,5% BP, it would die under 5%.

+ use a gentle non-drying soap (if Pears is that then it's ok, but you said in the first post that Pears dries you out, so you should change it)

You see, dry skin also causes acne. If your skin is to dry and irritated from the 5% BP and drying wash, then it's no wonder you are still breaking out.

Use Dan's BP and his face wash. Use them for 3 months.

It handles the 5% fine its just this soap i think but have only just changed to it. Think i might order dans stuff even tho it costs loads to ship to the uk. Thanks

Some people (including myself) find bp makes them break out more when using it. The breakouts are just BP bringing stuff to the surface,

when i realised after a year BP wasnt making me 100% happy, i stopped BP and went back on Lymecycline (antibiotics) and my acne is under control. I get one or 2 new spots each month, but i have most of my acne under control from antibiotics and GA peels

and drinking alot of water :)

It's not because it's 5% that it cleans more... 2.5% does the job really fine. But I've been using 5% BP (panOxyl) in the past, made my skin REALLY dry, didn't have moisturizer at that time. My acne didn't get worse nor better...

youre only using one really recommended product, which is the moisturizer. the other two arent exactly mentioned a lot in the areas of what works best with the CSR. You might consider giving things a change if they arent working.

you should probably be seeing some improvement by now. my guess is you are allergic to BP. if it's getting really bad maybe you should see a derm.

Thanks everyone...im not allergic to bp. The pears soap and eurcerin are recomended products and the quinoderm is bp so shouldnt make alot of difference. Oh well im not sure what to do maybe i should quit.

It's true, we're our own worst critics, but loulou I'm telling you it's not that bad. I see 2 pimples on your mouth/chin area and that's it. The rest of your skin from what I can tell looks nice. As we speak, I have identified a brand-spankin' new pimple forming on my upper lip that will surely come to the surface tomorrow. I know how you feel but you just gotta believe these other folks who have been there that you gotta stick it out. It's hard, I know, but I figure that I've lived with horrible skin for 12 years so what's another couple months to wait it out and see???

It's not because it's 5% that it cleans more... 2.5% does the job really fine. But I've been using 5% BP (panOxyl) in the past, made my skin REALLY dry, didn't have moisturizer at that time. My acne didn't get worse nor better...

Hmm thats my picture....

If you are using 5% Bp you are NOT doing the CSR.

It says pretty clearly that you HAVE to follow the directions EXACTLY or it wont work. You are irritating your skin. Switch to the correct Bp and I bet it will help a lot. :)

If you are using 5% Bp you are NOT doing the CSR.

It says pretty clearly that you HAVE to follow the directions EXACTLY or it wont work. You are irritating your skin. Switch to the correct Bp and I bet it will help a lot. :)

Ok its just i read that 5% is ok to use it just wont make it any better than a 2.5% In the uk they dont really sell any decent 2.5% the 5% doesnt dry my skin so not sure it is irritating it i think maybe bp in general just doesnt agree with me grrr

I definately recommend switching to 2.5% bp. People don't think it matters but it realy really does. My skin could handle 10%, but I was never clear. Anything over 2.5% is going to be more drying and irritating, even if it doesn't seem like it. Also, the eucerin yr using, is it an aha lotion? I used to get the huge, red, painful, almost cycst-like things too. And they never surfaced and left horrible red marks. Using an aha lotion helped some and it also help with the dryness. If you find that soap drying, use something else. It doesn't matter if it's recommended or not. If it's drying it's causing irritation. Not all recommended products work for everyone. Hope this helps. Stick with it, but I would definately change yr cleanser and get some 2.5% bp. If you order dan's wash, get his bp @ the same time. It is good stuff.

I definately recommend switching to 2.5% bp. People don't think it matters but it realy really does. My skin could handle 10%, but I was never clear. Anything over 2.5% is going to be more drying and irritating, even if it doesn't seem like it. Also, the eucerin yr using, is it an aha lotion? I used to get the huge, red, painful, almost cycst-like things too. And they never surfaced and left horrible red marks. Using an aha lotion helped some and it also help with the dryness. If you find that soap drying, use something else. It doesn't matter if it's recommended or not. If it's drying it's causing irritation. Not all recommended products work for everyone. Hope this helps. Stick with it, but I would definately change yr cleanser and get some 2.5% bp. If you order dan's wash, get his bp @ the same time. It is good stuff.

Thankyou,its just there are no decent cleansers in the uk. I think I will get some 2.5% panoxyl tomoz,i like the quinoderm because it has lactic acid in it so maybe helos with marks more than other bps.

Yes I am using eurerin aha lotion but have only just started to use it in the evening aswell because i wasnt dry before i started the pears soap,so was just using it in the morning.

Anyway thanks for all your help i will update soon to let u know how 2.5 works! :)

Be careful. I have heard complaints about panoxyl. Even though it's 2.5% I have heard it's drying too. Sorry! Just thought I'd forewarn you.

Panoxyl Aquagel @ 2.5% is still exceedingly drying. Alot of fellow UK regimen'ers will back me up on that.

Quinoderm is the best one I've used, better than both Oxy and Panoxyl.

I have been out and brought panoxyl 2.5% and biore shine control face wash. I am going to use the panoxyl once a day at night like it recommends and see how i go. I hope i dont breakout from switching products.

My suggestions:

1. Definitely get yourself a 2.5% bp. I would highly recommend CSRgel because it is insanely high quality and is not alcohol based.

2. Take a close look at your cleanser and moisturizer. Is the Pears non-overdrying and gentle? You want something that is not soap based. Rather, you want a gentle facial cleanser that doesn't dry the skin. For the moisturizer, is your Eucerin specifically for the face and oil-free? If not, get one that is both of those things.

3. Read http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

4. Use tons of BP. I can't get that across strongly enough.

5. Stay super gentle and take a close look at what might be irritating your skin throughout the day. If your chin is breaking out, what touches your chin a lot? Just keep an eye on it.

6. Stop stressing about it and give it 3-4 months of strict adherence. It takes that long for a lot of people. I can't count how many people have emailed saying they're glad they stuck with it.

7. Read http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117690 which is a recent thread. I like what that person is saying. Stick with it, and stay positive. Or at least stay neutral. Give it a really good chance to work. It does work when followed precisely.

My suggestions:

1. Definitely get yourself a 2.5% bp. I would highly recommend CSRgel because it is insanely high quality and is not alcohol based.

2. Take a close look at your cleanser and moisturizer. Is the Pears non-overdrying and gentle? You want something that is not soap based. Rather, you want a gentle facial cleanser that doesn't dry the skin. For the moisturizer, is your Eucerin specifically for the face and oil-free? If not, get one that is both of those things.

3. Read http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

4. Use tons of BP. I can't get that across strongly enough.

5. Stay super gentle and take a close look at what might be irritating your skin throughout the day. If your chin is breaking out, what touches your chin a lot? Just keep an eye on it.

6. Stop stressing about it and give it 3-4 months of strict adherence. It takes that long for a lot of people. I can't count how many people have emailed saying they're glad they stuck with it.

7. Read http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=117690 which is a recent thread. I like what that person is saying. Stick with it, and stay positive. Or at least stay neutral. Give it a really good chance to work. It does work when followed precisely.

Hi thanks for the reply Dan.

I am using the eurcerin for the face. I have changed cleansers now to one that seems alot more gentle.

I cant find a decent 2.5% bp so will continue with the 5% quinoderm as it doesnt dry my skin out.

I think my problem was that i wasnt using enough bp as i was just putting a thin layer on as it says to on the tube.

I have now started to put loads on and rub it in gently.

Skin is going through the worse breakout i have ever had...Im going to take my time over it and pray that it starts to work soon.

It's very possible it won't work with 5% BP.

Just get the 2,5%, cmon.

If you really can't get it then ramp upp the 5% like really slowly and only use the full finger in like half a year.

Even though Dan says to use a lot of BP, you should slowly ramp it up and if you have 5% then you have to be like a hundred times slower.