Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lissa

I'm losing my hair

I'm taking accutane for rosacea at a low dose - 10 mg/day. Only two weeks into this and I am seeing hair loss. I thought maybe it was just my imagination over the past week or so but tonight I was very gently pulling my fingers through my hair and must have grabbed over 100 hairs in my hands.

This is awful! I thought doing a low dose meant this sort of thing wasn't going to happen (or at least wouldn't happen so quickly and so obviously). I love my hair. I will not take anymore accutane, it's not worth the risk for me.

So how long does the accutane stay in your system? If I have taken 140 mg total over the past two weeks when will I be completely cleared of it?

Also - I know not many ppl on this site have experience with this, but can I expect my hair loss to stop once the accutane is out of my system?

Thanks.

Shit - accutane for rosacea???? Never heard of that! Lots of lasers and other stuff to treat it..........

We all like have weird Dr.'s or what.

Get a few more opinions, I certainly would. That is like strange........ :think:

Keep us posted, but like certainly get yourself into a pro, cause that is weird.

Most people I know (casually), I know is they are on a topical, laser follow-ups if needed every 6-12 months, and not totally expensive. A bit but not like the others..

Shit - accutane for rosacea???? Never heard of that! Lots of lasers and other stuff to treat it..........

Get a few more opinions, I certainly would. That is like strange........ :think:

Keep us posted, but like certainly get yourself into a pro, cause that is weird.

Most people I know (casually), I know is they are on a topical, laser follow-ups if needed every 6-12 months, and not totally expensive. A bit but not like the others..

Hey! Thanks for your response. Actually low dose accutane can often be very effective for stubborn cases of rosacea (I also have mild bumps so I though it might help that too).

See this http://rosacea.ii.net/hl/28519.html

I had one photoderm (technically IPL) session in 2003 and it blasted the fat cells under my face, aging me and causing surface irregularities. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I really don't trust lasers - I know of too many people who suffered the same problems I have. So I'm stuck looking for another solution. Accutane will not be it though!

Gosh I have such bad luck with all of this stuff. :(

Anyone know how long it takes for it to completely clear from your system? 6 months?

Hey! Thanks for your response. Actually low dose accutane can often be very effective for stubborn cases of rosacea (I also have mild bumps so I though it might help that too).

I had one photoderm (technically IPL) session in 2003 and it blasted the fat cells under my face, aging me and causing surface irregularities. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I really don't trust lasers - I know of too many people who suffered the same problems I have. So I'm stuck looking for another solution. Accutane will not be it though!

Anyone know how long it takes for it to completely clear from your system? 6 months?

Accutane I think 6 months. I think. I was on it a long time ago.

I had like 6 IPL treatments and the veins came back, some, but all my sun damage is gone.

No fat loss, no problems. But Hydroquinion would have been cheaper :)

Guess all depends on the person administrating the treatment right!!!!!!!!!

I got lucky, but wasted money. :(