Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!! :D

Alright so heres the deal... I got myself 3 (possibly 4) very painful zits near my jawline.. (period breakout grr haha).... I've heard that ibuprofin or aspririn can help make the swelling go down and go away faster.. is this true? :angel:

Oh and how about neosporin? :think:

edit: Okay well no answers.. im going to give it a try anyways :shifty2: .. and i'll update if it works :angel:

Hi Mandy,

I've had decent success with ibuprofen. Aleve (naproxen sodium) is even better, especially for PMS breakouts -- just be very careful to follow the dosage instructions. I take 1 in the morning, 1 at night during PMS week and it keeps me pretty much zit-free. You can take as many as 3 a day if necessary, but don't do it for any longer than you have to.

I also recommend icing the spots several times a day.

Good luck. Let me know if you try the Aleve and if it works for you, a number of people seem to be having good results with it.

I think I'll try that Aleve tip too. And I'll let my best friend know that too, thanks for sharing Lion Queen :)

Hey, my pleasure.

BTW there is an Aleve thread in the Adult Acne forum if anyone is interested ... and it links to a thread in the Research forum that has more background info on why this works so well.