Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

how bad was your IB???

Guest ThereIsHope

What type of acne did you have pre-tane, and how bad was your IB during it?? And be honest! :D

my IB hasn't been bad at all yet. I'm on day 21, There are some pictures from a few days ago in my gallery

My acne was very mild to moderate at times. My derm kept me on a steady dose of 40 mg's for a 7 month treatment, which I'm almost finished with. My initial breakout wasn't anything terrible. My left ckeek, always my problem area, broke out with one smaller sized cyst. I never really had cysts before, so it scared me. the rest of my face never broke out thankfully. It took about a month or so to have that breakout. Since the beginning, it sort of was smooth sailing for me, then a month or so into it, I developed that cyst. Ever since then, my skin has been clear. I haven't had a brakout in months. Remember though, everyone is different. Don't be alarmed and saddened if you breakout a lot, a lot worse, or for long periods of time. Every case is different but rest assured you'll have your clear skin you've been dreaming. Good luck. :)

I had two initial breakouts because of dosage changes. I considered mine to be bad, but in hindsight it wasn't that bad, and it went away so quickly.

My acne before Tane wasn't bad, but cystic. I'd get one or 2 on average, sometimes more on a really bad breakout, then I'd go clear for a week or 2, then get a few more. For some reason in this last year it got worse, and I'd have at least 3 most of the time, never a break in between. I had about 8 cysts (probably my worst breakout in my life) when I decided enough was enough and took my first pills (had the perscription for 4months, never filled it until then), and my IB was at it's worst within 3 days, with at least 20-25 cysts in 3 clusters on my face. Worst experience of my life. But 3 weeks later and most of them were gone. Considering how bad it was, I thought it healed up quite quickly. Haven't had a new one show up since, and I'm on week 6 now.

My acne was mild-moderate with the occasional cyst. My IB(if you can call it that) was mild, I only got one cyst over my entire course and it was very small and healed quickly on its own.

i started off as mild acne, it went to moderate during the IB and i its back to mild again, thankfully.But i developed cystic acne during accutane, i only got pustular acne previously.If this doesnt work out, i think i cant carry on anymore

My IB was pretty bad, my cheeks were always the real acne problem but now ive been on accutaine 1 month 6 days and its sorta spread a bit down to my chin and to the sides of my faces however my cheekys are starting to improve very slightly so I hope my break out should calm down and clear up soon :|