Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am starting accutane in 6 days and I was prescribed 50mg a day 10 in AM and 40 in the PM I would really appreciate if anyone who has started out in 50mg a day post their experiences with it the first month?? I only weigh 100lbs and my friend started accutane 2 weeks ago and is on 40mg a day and she weighs like 125-130lbs?? Does this mean I am going to have a worse IB then her?? When I go to my derm appointment on the 26th I am going to ask him about the IB and being on 50mg a day?? Do you think I should ask for a lower dosage so I have less a chance of an IB or do you think I should just stick it out b/c the higher the dose the more likely you will not get acne again correct??? Opinions advice... would be greatly appreciated thank you!! Right now I have a lot of acne under my skin which I feel see etc... so I know accutane is going to bring it all up at once and my face is going to be a huge mess...soo I am little nervous and anxious about the IB!!

I am starting accutane in 6 days and I was prescribed 50mg a day 10 in AM and 40 in the PM I would really appreciate if anyone who has started out in 50mg a day post their experiences with it the first month?? I only weigh 100lbs and my friend started accutane 2 weeks ago and is on 40mg a day and she weighs like 125-130lbs?? Does this mean I am going to have a worse IB then her?? When I go to my derm appointment on the 26th I am going to ask him about the IB and being on 50mg a day?? Do you think I should ask for a lower dosage so I have less a chance of an IB or do you think I should just stick it out b/c the higher the dose the more likely you will not get acne again correct??? Opinions advice... would be greatly appreciated thank you!! Right now I have a lot of acne under my skin which I feel see etc... so I know accutane is going to bring it all up at once and my face is going to be a huge mess...soo I am little nervous and anxious about the IB!!

I would stick wit the 50mg. I started out on 60mg and the IB has been very very mild.