Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

? for those on accutane!

I wanted to ask you guys if anyone threw up after you took your first accutane pill? After I took my first pill along with the birthcontrol I threw up but it only happened after the first pill so I continued to take the accutane but only made it through a month and a half. I had to stop taking it cause I was getting bad chest pain and started getting very fatigued. That was 7 years ago and since then I've been on and off antidepressants and I don't know if it was cause of the accutane but I'm scared that the accutane has done something really bad to me! I also experienced rectal bleeding, while I was on it, but it stopped after I stopped the pills, anyone else have that side effect? When I told my doctor about it he just said it was hemroids and not to worry about it. Anyways since then I have been to the doctors for just regular visits for ear infections or common problems and my blood pressure and all is okay but a month ago I had a relapse of clinical depression which is really disabling and I had to quit my job. Even though it's been a long time I'm scared that those side effects I had were a sign of damage from the accutane! Am I just being paranoid? Any advice would be very appreciated

I wanted to ask you guys if anyone threw up after you took your first accutane pill? After I took my first pill along with the birthcontrol I threw up but it only happened after the first pill so I continued to take the accutane but only made it through a month and a half. I had to stop taking it cause I was getting bad chest pain and started getting very fatigued. That was 7 years ago and since then I've been on and off antidepressants and I don't know if it was cause of the accutane but I'm scared that the accutane has done something really bad to me! I also experienced rectal bleeding, while I was on it, but it stopped after I stopped the pills, anyone else have that side effect? When I told my doctor about it he just said it was hemroids and not to worry about it. Anyways since then I have been to the doctors for just regular visits for ear infections or common problems and my blood pressure and all is okay but a month ago I had a relapse of clinical depression which is really disabling and I had to quit my job. Even though it's been a long time I'm scared that those side effects I had were a sign of damage from the accutane! Am I just being paranoid? Any advice would be very appreciated

i am also expiriencing rectal bleeding but i suffered rectal bleeding long before i started taking acutane

so , im not so sure about the bleeding being caused by hemroids it could be your kidney or pancreas being damaged bye accutane. good luck

I'm not a doctor or healthcare professional in any way, but I'm going to take a stab here and say, in all likelyhood, your experiences with clinical depression aren't a prolonged effect of the Accutane. Some people experience clinical depression and it's a lifelong thing. My mother and my sister experience it and neither of them have taken Accutane. I guess what I'm trying to say is that for some people, it just happens. *shrug*