Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haleystar

strange growth on my husbands jaw line

my husband notice an "underground" zit develop yesterday. this morning when he woke up it grew to almost a dime size not. it's deep under the skins surface with no chance of popping. it's also very swollen but not really painful...yet. is this a cyst, nodule or something worse? please help!

thanks. my new derm said she would see him as an "emergency patient" and could squeeze him in before the end of the week. it looks bad, at least this morning. it looks like he's got dental gauze in his mouth or tobacco. i have yet to see if the swelling went down any tonight. she said he may need antibiotics.

thanks. my new derm said she would see him as an "emergency patient" and could squeeze him in before the end of the week. it looks bad, at least this morning. it looks like he's got dental gauze in his mouth or tobacco. i have yet to see if the swelling went down any tonight. she said he may need antibiotics.

Just a word of caution. If he's going to inject it with cortisone ask him if he's diluted it. Apparently if it's not you could get a depressed area as a result. I got two injected late last year and they left depressions. They still haven't gone down.

no pictures. he's going to the same derm that gave me a shot about 3 months ago. i got a SMALL indentation in the skin, nothing severe. they are very very careful about it and use only as much as they need and they always dillute. i've very confident in this dermatology office as far as shots go. if he gets a small indentation it will be ok. he usually has facial hair to cover it up anyhow. it's best if he gets it taken care of asap. he doesn't care about acne and doesn't really get it. this is actually the first cyst he's ever gotten, lucky bastard.