Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuckyMan

supplements

Recently the place i normally get my supplements from has been letting me down, so i wondered where do you people get your supplements from? I'm specifically looking for high quality fish oil, nitrogen flushed, distilled antioxidant etc (the works), i searched google but all i can find is cheapo capsules that dont inspire confidence, anyone in the uk buy high quality liquid fish oil?

Recently the place i normally get my supplements from has been letting me down, so i wondered where do you people get your supplements from? I'm specifically looking for high quality fish oil, nitrogen flushed, distilled antioxidant etc (the works), i searched google but all i can find is cheapo capsules that dont inspire confidence, anyone in the uk buy high quality liquid fish oil?

A company I TRUST and like the products of is Solgar

Solgar has all kind of supplement but they are expecially carfull with quality and safety

For example they avoid pollutants and preservatives or colorants and also make supplements without nutrients that are known to be dangerous if you aren't sure you have low levels of them: iron, vitamin A, selenium

Solgar Products

The second source of my choice is Dr. Furhman shop

I've often written about Dr. Furhman and his diet

His supplements are great as he too puts special care on satety and quality

The DHA purity provides all the benefits of fish fats without the unpleasant flavour and digestive side effect or risk or rancidification or intoxication

Dr. Furhman Supplements

I don't know if you wanted suggestion on buying supplements from the net, but I've never exerienced problems in having my supplements shipped to me buying the online from a trusty source rather than perusing the town looking for a shop and everything ...

Thanks for the brand advice danny but i probably phrased my question wrongly, im looking for somewhere i can buy supplements from on the internet, from a uk based company.

Thanks for the brand advice danny but i probably phrased my question wrongly, im looking for somewhere i can buy supplements from on the internet, from a uk based company.

solgar is uk based

solgar is uk based

LOL you cant buy anything of the solgar site and they dont sell liquid fish oil. im looking for places like this:

http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk

http://www.synergy-health.co.uk/

solgar is uk based

LOL you cant buy anything of the solgar site and they dont sell liquid fish oil. im looking for places like this:

Sorry, wrong address

http://www.solgar.co.uk/modules/shop/default.asp

if you look in the Essential Fatty Acids section you'll find all the fish oil you want

Solgar is a company to be trusted and I don't know of other supplements brand that is so strict and professional about quality and safety of their products. Besides a bottle of their products may usually last 4 months making them non-expensive

There's no liquid fish oil. Come on someone must buy high quality liquid fish oil in the uk.

What do you want to use it for?

Solgar fish oil in pills is constantly tested for rancidity and oxidification levels and they don't keep their bottles stored for more than three months which means that (unless you like the ucky taste of fish oil) they're better in all factors uncluding safety, bioavilability, absorbtion, taste and price too

Come on someone must buy high quality liquid fish oil in the uk.

Liquid fish oil and quality don't match

Compared to pill form liquid fish oil in transparent normal bottles stored for month of the shelves of supplement shop is midly rancid or present oxidization, according to a research I had read almost all fat products in liquid form (including flax seed oil or borage oil) are rancid when they're sold

This is not going to happen with fish oil in pills

There's no liquid fish oil. Come on someone must buy high quality liquid fish oil in the uk.

Solgar fish oil in pills is constantly tested for rancidity and oxidification levels and they don't keep their bottles stored for more than three months which means that (unless you like the ucky taste of fish oil) they're better in all factors uncluding safety, bioavilability, absorbtion, taste and price too

why are they? it doesn't say anything about this on the site, just says fish oil with a bit of vitamin E in it. In my experience fish oil capsules are poorer quality (you can get away with it if the person your selling it to cant taste it) also fish oil doesn't taste ucky proper fish oil taste like anyother proper oil, of nothing no fish burps becuase even if you burped there was no fish taste to begin with. i usually get this fish oil:

http://www.healthfromthesea.ca/en/pure-fish-oil.html

it has three anti-oxidants, is nitrogen flushed, and liquid, and tastes like orange, and its moleculrily (come on thats a hard word) distilled, third party tested. now if solgar made this then id buy it from them but ive had capsules in the past and they were more than likely cheap rubbish, and i just dont like popping pills, id rather taste it, i mean taste is your first line of defence against bad food.

EDIT: LOL that response was so quick you posted before i did!

Come on someone must buy high quality liquid fish oil in the uk.

Liquid fish oil and quality don't match

Compared to pill form liquid fish oil in transparent normal bottles stored for month of the shelves of supplement shop is midly rancid or present oxidization, according to a research I had read almost all fat products in liquid form (including flax seed oil or borage oil) are rancid when they're sold

This is not going to happen with fish oil in pills

but not if its in a black bottle, with anti-oxdants and is nitrogen flushed like the one i posted.

EDIT: finally found one (same one actually) danny what you recon? (what do you think of this product?)

http://www.auravita.com/products/aura/ARKO...;adid=ARKO13670

why are they? it doesn't say anything about this on the site, just says fish oil with a bit of vitamin E in it. In my experience fish oil capsules are poorer quality (you can get away with it if the person your selling it to cant taste it)

since I had read enough stuff about supplements to be really concerned I was looking for a a supplement brand that would make sure to spend more to make sure everything they sell was safe rather than making their products cheap by ignoring quality and safety. So I began an interesting email exchange with the president/spokeperson of solgar that old me about the safety methods and how they make sure not to seel rancid products, multi with too high levels of nutrients, multi without dangerous nutrients, no preservative, colorants, plastic bottles, old products kept on the shelves for years and so on

In my experience fish oil capsules can be terrible, can be rancid (and you do taste it), unproperly packed, old, full of preservatives and other toxic compounds, made from low quality sources

Solgar just use the best of the best, with the littlest refination possible so you're the closer you can be from consuming the real food caught in nature contaning that nutrients

Their vitamin C supplements for example are the closest you can find to eating a real wild citrus fruit

it has three anti-oxidants, is nitrogen flushed, and liquid, and tastes like orange, and its moleculrily (come on thats a hard word) distilled, third party tested. now if solgar made this then id buy it from them but ive had capsules in the past and they were more than likely cheap rubbish, and i just dont like popping pills, id rather taste it, i mean taste is your first line of defence against bad food.

the solgar one doesn't need all of this

the oil obtained from high quality fish is directly incapsulated and stored without air on a black glass bottle and the bottles that are more than three months older are thrown away

That's why it doesn't need the nitrogen flushed package, the antioxidants or the distillation

EDIT: LOL that response was so quick you posted before i did!

:lol:

EDIT: finally found one (same one actually) danny what you recon? (what do you think of this product?)

http://www.auravita.com/products/aura/ARKO...;adid=ARKO13670

sounds like a good product ... but the poins is "how do we know"

In my country there has been a case of brands using a dangerous/letal additives in foods and supplements (methanol and sudan I-IV) but that was just one little example worse things happen in other countries too; so that's why I stick with solger now; they inspired trust to me because of their preparation and real care for the consumer and quality

Behind the solgar are genuine people like you and me that began a path of self-healing, self-education and health discovering and are more interested in what they created than their profits