Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

MacKenzie Phillips

I know she talked about her past problems with acne on that infomercial for Proactive, but does anyone know if actress MacKenzie Phillips (ONE DAY AT A TIME) has ever publicly spoken about her scarring and what she did to correct it? I have seen her in some recent TV appearances and I've noticed a definite improvement in her scars. They are barely noticeable now and she looks good. I imagine she had top-of-the-line treatments but I wonder what they were? Does anyone have any idea or know if she's ever spoken to the press about her acne scars?

Yes she has spoken in public. She got dermabrasian. My thought is that being a celeb and all, she probably went to the very, very best. There are only 3-4 excellent dermabrasian docs in the U.S. She probably went to one of them.

I ALSO JUST SAW RAY LIOTA IN A MOVIE CALLED IDENTITY AND I NOTICED HE ALSO DID SOMETHING TO CORRECT HIS SCARRING. HIS SKIN LOOKED GREAT! I WAS THINKING MAYBE HE HAD SOME TYPE OF FILLER WORK DONE.

Imbue.....no....cameras don't lie for the type of scarring that Mackenzie Phillips had! NO WAY!!! I read an online interview with her; the transcript for an interview regarding her scarring. She obviously was blown away and very pleased with her dermabrasian results. I've heard often that if you can tap into one of those VERY FEW doctors that are experts at it, you can get incredibly great results. Greg Estrada, who runs that Acne Scar Discussion group in DC had at one time listed the best and most effective acne scar treatments. He had done lots of research and had concluded that if you can go to one of those few top dudes who specialize in dermabrasian, and do it very well, then you can get excellent results. Even though it is extremely antiquated, and I don't think I would ever do it (I don't really need to), according to the research Greg had done, dermabrasian in REALLY SKILLED hands can be very effective. Unfortunately for most people, most doctors AREN'T really skilled at it, and they end up scarring people and making their scars worse.... #-o sad.gif

Mackenzie had some pretty extreme scars and now you can only really see one or two small indents. No amount of makeup or camera filters can altar closeups like I've seen on her since her dermabrasian!