Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttack

WHat has helped your acne?

I was just curious and would like to see what has worked for people and has cleared their acne for the most part if not completely. Mine hasnt gone away so if people could leave a brief description it would be really interesting. :think:

clean and clear oil free cleanser, certain dri anti perspirant on my face 2 times daily, apply lotion 20 min later aveeno ultra only in morning

no face wash has ever helped my acne the only thing that got rid of the zits for me was colloidal silver i still have a bad complexion though but its better than zits+bad complexion.

The only thing that has worked so far is a change in the way I eat, and what I eat. I dropped a lot of the meats, all junk, all white flour products, milk and most dairy products in general. More fruits, veggies, herbal teas and sleep. So far, so good.

I keep hearing that it is good to avoid all white flour products, but Im curious as to what all that includes. There is alot of stuff that has flour in it, so what do you avoid? Just stay away from bread or what?

What helped me most was going to an esthetician in the SF bay area who specializes in treating acne. My skin has shown substantial improvements since I started seeing her and using the regimen she recommended. The regular facials I got really helped clear me up faster. As to products - I think the BP and the derm a gel have helped the most as far as clearing me up and keeping me clear.

two weeks ago i stoped all face washes now i just use the water only method i read on these boards best decision ive made in twenty years of dealing with acne

I keep hearing that it is good to avoid all white flour products, but Im curious as to what all that includes. There is alot of stuff that has flour in it, so what do you avoid? Just stay away from bread or what?

White flour products: white bread, white tortillas, most cakes, mostly all pastries....

Amoxicillin i got for a chest infection cleared me right up, but i couldnt keep taking it so i was told

i also took amoxicillin because i had an infection on my wisdom tooth that i recently took out.

I noticed it helped my acne too. But the prescription was for 8 days only.

Amoxicillin i got for a chest infection cleared me right up, but i couldnt keep taking it so i was told

i also took amoxicillin because i had an infection on my wisdom tooth that i recently took out.

I noticed it helped my acne too. But the prescription was for 8 days only.

I was actually put on amoxicillin for acne by my dermatologist but, it didn't really help.

Cephalexin has helped a great deal so has Retin A, Accutane is already helping but I'm only a month in so I haven't see the full results yet.

Propolis cream.

Borage oil&Letchin with milk/ herbed teas

Derma E Tea Tree and Vitamin E antiseptic moisteriser.

Asprin mask.