Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcin872

anybody taking biotin while on accutane??

hey since ive had thinning hair and hair loss from my first course of accutane i decided to go out and buy some biotin 2500 and a vitmain b complex to take along with accutane to stop my hairloss problem. i also bought some nioxin shampoo and conditioner. Has anyone had success taking biotin and getting there hair to be normal while on accutane. im only taking 10mg a day for now. Also i didnt know how much biotin to by but the only one they had was 2500mcg which i dont know what that means.

hey since ive had thinning hair and hair loss from my first course of accutane i decided to go out and buy some biotin 2500 and a vitmain b complex to take along with accutane to stop my hairloss problem. i also bought some nioxin shampoo and conditioner. Has anyone had success taking biotin and getting there hair to be normal while on accutane. im only taking 10mg a day for now. Also i didnt know how much biotin to by but the only one they had was 2500mcg which i dont know what that means.

I picked up some Biotin too. I heard to prevent hair loss, you need to take 3mg of it a day. I'm not sure how that transfers from the mcg.

I picked up some Biotin too. I heard to prevent hair loss, you need to take 3mg of it a day. I'm not sure how that transfers from the mcg.

one gram=1000000 mcg, so 1 mg= 1000 mcg. Yay, I knew all this ridiculous pharmacology math homework would pay off!! :dance:

I take Biotin too...my hair has stayed on my head so far ; )

Be wary on the biotin, I used to have it in a multivitamin until I realised it was preventing the accutane having the same effect. I was still getting oily, I stopped the biotin sup (switched to a none biotin one) and accutane kicked back in.

Just be wary is all, you may be making the accutane less effective, but if the hair loss is significant its worth it (or a lower dose of tane maybe).