Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Changing BP products can make you break out, true or false?

Different BP's  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Changing from one BP to another while on regime causes breakouts?

• TRUE
    • FALSE

I currently switched to dan's BP and of course I'm afraid I will or may break out, I found several posts on this issue. Now why would the bp matter at all, it's an active ingredient, I don't think the face knows or cares which bp you put on, right?

Can anyone back this up and explain if changing bp while on the SAME regime causes breakouts? (or so some people say)

I can see changinh cleanser or adding a toner or mask but bp is bp.

It's possible because of the other ingredients it contains, not because of the BP. The inactive ingredients are different and the consistency is different.

I voted true only because there's a possibility, although it's a very minor possibility it is one nontheless.

I've noticed that when I switched from PanOxyl 10% Aqua gel to Oxy 10% cream, I had a [minor] breakout. Even though it was only like 2 spots, I hadn't had a zit in like a month or so; it was noticeable, at least.

I'm hesitant to say whether it's an inactive ingredient difference or one in the inactives (they put a whole lot of stuff in these gels to make them the right consistency, keep them from drying out, etc...)

Furthermore, I'm not convinced by Dan's explanation as to why his stuff causes an initial breakout in some people. BP doesn't 'bring out' underlying acne...if it's good stuff, it should simply kill the bacteria, whether they're deep under the skin or not. I'm thinking adverse reaction to an 'inert' ingredient...

Guest Sincerely_Me

There isa possibility because eceyone is different. However, personally, I didn't experience that.

Myself after trying I'll say false Im using two different bp's and its fine, my face is accuctomed to both, one is more moisturizing than the other because of the ingredients it has. But dan's is more cost effective.

I would say false. I have run out of dans BP and while i wait for a couple more tubes to arrive i have been using my other BP and its hasnt made a difference....

woooow this is the thread i'm looking for :) i wanted to use two different bp products but i'm still hesitant because i'm scared i might get a breakout again.

woooow this is the thread i'm looking for :) i wanted to use two different bp products but i'm still hesitant because i'm scared i might get a breakout again.

How long have you been on the CSR, if over a month I think you will be fine. but you can expect some stinging or redness.

i've been in the CSR for 9 months now. but i've been using benzac wash. so i really wash it off in the morning but not at night. so at night i want to use benzac gel so it will be clear and i can still go out. but as i said, i'm hesitant because i dunno if using two bp products will irritate and cause me breakouts again

I dont think switching to Dan's BP will make you break out in an abnormal way. I believe you have been using OTC BP and im pretty sure Dan's BP is the most gentle against the competition meaning you'll irritate less meaning less breakout

I voted true...I think I am allergic to one of the ingredients in Dan's BP. I used OTS for 9 months, then tried Dan's for 2 months. My face went from clear to cysts and widespread spots. I changed back to OTS and my face is gradually clearing. I think it depends on how sensitive your skin is.

Yeah, it makes a BIG difference. I had prescription BP gel with an aqueous (sp?) base and my face was pretty much totally clear. I actually left the house without foundation some days!

But one horrible day, the military hospital switched me to a BP gel with a hydroalcoholic base. I was worried but I tried it anyway and, needless to say, that stuff effed up my face pretty bad. I'm not using that shit anymore but I still haven't been able to get it back to normal.

I used Panoxyl for around 3 years and it kept me 95% clear - when i changed to Dans BP i broke out all over my forehead really badly and i am still recovering now. I dont know if i was allergic to some of the ingrediants or what but it did me no good. If you are doing well with a certain BP gel i would stick to what you know. If you are just starting out start out with Dans because i think it will work on first timers better. Thats my opinion anyways

mm I'm about to change from Proactive BP to Dan's... I'll let you know what happens...although I'll be changing Cleanser too, so I guess I wont know which one is the culprit if I do breakout. Do you think I should change the Cleanser and keep on with Proactive BP until Dan's arrives? - to get my skin used to it before another change (the BP)?

I voted yes, but only because you didn't have a "Depends on the Product" selection. Products that will possibly worsen breakouts are those that contain known skin irritants, but Dan's doesn't, so you should be fine.

Also, clogged pores take around two weeks to form, so if you experience unusual breakouts right after trying a new benzoyl peroxide product, that may or may not be why.

I just got Dan's BP and started using it Thursday evening. It is now Sunday, and I have two tiny pimples on the corners of my nose. I'm considering using OTS in the evening and Dan's during the day, for I may have jumped too quickly?? I really like how Dan's doesn't clump with my moisturizer and makeup, which is why it would be my during the day treatment.

I've been on the regimen for over a month, and really started to clear up before now.

Plus, I feel itchier??

Ugh.

Vanity.

Gotta love it.

YES, it does. I was using the Neutrogena On-The-Spot and my skin started to clear up but then my doctor gave me some PanOxl so I tried that and my skin basically freaked out. Red, broken out, dry, one cyst on my cheek. It wasn't pretty. I switched back to the Neutrogena after about a week of PanOxl and my is already 50% clearer. It probably also helped that I added the Healthy Skin Moisturizer. That AHA stuff is awesome.

I just got Dan's BP and started using it Thursday evening. It is now Sunday, and I have two tiny pimples on the corners of my nose. I'm considering using OTS in the evening and Dan's during the day, for I may have jumped too quickly?? I really like how Dan's doesn't clump with my moisturizer and makeup, which is why it would be my during the day treatment.

I've been on the regimen for over a month, and really started to clear up before now.

Plus, I feel itchier??

Ugh.

Vanity.

Gotta love it.