Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holelyface

Fool Proof Way to remove your ACNE SCARS!

Ok I tried Fraxel, TCA Cross and Excision... These two are the only Solutions for ICE PICKS and Box Scar...

I just like to share my experience.

I used only 100% TCA Cross.

Both of it works great... the only disadvantage is...

TCA Cross... The only disadvantage to TCA Cross is time... It took a bloody long time to improve... Some of the scars took up to 8-10 treatment....

Excision...You look like pretty scarred face for the first month.... There are line scars which will become unnoticeable after time... at least 3 weeks... Usually fades after resurfacing...

Fraxel works great overall... but usually results show 4 weeks later... I say it had about 50% improvement on my shallow scars... 90% improvement on my rolling scars...

I guess I'm going for Resurfacing like CO2 soon to even up further the slight dent left... I'm very confident now that I will improve so much better than before..... I used to have fear for excision... trust me it works well. I should have done it LONG LONG TIME AGO. Before even I done fraxel!!! Keep on the look out...

Ok I tried Fraxel, TCA Cross and Excision... These two are the only Solutions for ICE PICKS and Box Scar...

I just like to share my experience.

I used only 100% TCA Cross.

Both of it works great... the only disadvantage is...

TCA Cross... The only disadvantage to TCA Cross is time... It took a bloody long time to improve... Some of the scars took up to 8-10 treatment....

Excision...You look like pretty scarred face for the first month.... There are line scars which will become unnoticeable after time... at least 3 weeks... Usually fades after resurfacing...

Fraxel works great overall... but usually results show 4 weeks later... I say it had about 50% improvement on my shallow scars... 90% improvement on my rolling scars...

I guess I'm going for Resurfacing like CO2 soon to even up further the slight dent left... I'm very confident now that I will improve so much better than before..... I used to have fear for excision... trust me it works well. I should have done it LONG LONG TIME AGO. Before even I done fraxel!!! Keep on the look out...

Did you have fraxel with Dr. Fitzpatrick? Your name sounds familiar. It is so good to hear your treatments worked.

Congratulations on you success so far!

But, it can be a bit misleading to title your post that you know fool proof methods because a person can respond negatively to some proceedures you have suggested.

I do agree that excision (or in my experience subcision) can be helpful, but if not performed right I think can leave scarring.

I dont know about Fraxel personally, but seems to be v successful on many.

But regarding Tca cross and C02 i have to differ in that it can be always successful.

I had Dr.Chu use tca cross on my skin, and hes gen accepted as one of the top derms both nationally and internationally so i cannot flaw his technique. Tca cross had a negative effect in that it remodelled the shape of the area crossed and created white pigmentatation dots. The original scar did not diminish, just changed in shape and pigment. I have pale skin, so not in a danger area as such, pigmentation wise. Tca works great for many, but for me, and others it just doesnt work. I had a check up with him today and he was going to do a second round. On seeing my face he agreed it had not worked and did saline injections and n-lite instead.

C02 is highly evasive and gen known to have more negative effects than positive. You only need to do a search here to see how many do not like and do not recommend this proceedure. I also have had personal experience of c02. The down time is awful and can be quite frightening in fact. The results often look good for a while because skin is swollen for many months but eventually will settle back. C02 can create demarkation lines, hyperpigmentation, line/wave/grid style scarring of the skin, and other problems. Of course, its up to personal choice for all who decide to go for the treatment knowning these facts, and I wish them great results.

P.s May be worth noting some people have been getting results from saline injections.

Best of luck with your progress holeyface. :)

You say TCA cross, excision and fraxel or the only things for ice-pick and boxcars. You have left out fillers, saline injections and needling. I think they can all help boxcars but maybe not tiny ice-picks. Just wanted to throw that in!

Still ice picks are easily treated if they are not too large by excision. After having one doen I would really have to question the doctor if mine messed up. THis is not a big deal and really does not take a genius to cut out the scar and stitch it together nicely so it heals straight and clean. Master k had 12 or 13 done and his ALL turned out textbook straight lines that faded with time and resurfacing.

Love the post HOleyface. Its nice to see improvments and I always like members that post from experience. Wishes