Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

Doctor in the toronto area?

Does anyone any good doctor in the toronto area that does smoothbeam?

Thanks.

Dr. Howard Bargman

416-493-0606

5 Fairview Drive

I read in a post that a member received TCA CROSS treatment from Dr. Bargman. So I went to see him and discovered by accident that he also provides smoothbeam.

Good luck.

hi poreman~ how much is he asking for?

wow fairview? you mean Sheppard and Don mills?

if so~ that's so close to my house 8-[

Yes Sheppard and Donmills. He asked for $500 for SB, $300 for TCA.

I have the impression that he would charge less if you were a student, I believe in the other post, the poster was charged only $150 for a TCA. But the different price could be parly because of my condition too. (lots of little scars, takes longer time to work on ... etc).

hi poreman~ how much is he asking for?

wow fairview? you mean Sheppard and Don mills?

if so~ that's so close to my house 8-[

How about a group buy biggrin.gif? (like group buying performance parts in car forums)

But then everyone's condition is different ... let me ask him the next time if a good price can be worked out for a group.

wow 300 and 150 is a big difference~ well i hope i won't have to pay much since i'm just a student.

hehe that's a good idea~ doing smoothbeam in groups

anyways i won't start off with smooth beam yet

cause i planning to do some needling before my holiday starts 8-[

does he do any other treatment? i hae a icepick and one shallow indent on my cheek id like ot get rid off duno what surgery i need ,sure u guys would know..can i call him and make a appointment anytime ouir do u need ur dermo to recomend u?

thanks YW

1. You may want to go through the many informative posts here to learn about your scars, and what's best to treat them.

2. I simply called to make any appointment, I did not have references from another doctor.

3. You may want to check this out too:

Dr. Padma Jain

http://www.fairviewcosmeticsurgery.com/HTM...ML/location.htm

Side Note:

Dr. Bargman's SB facility is at Dr. Jain's new office at 801 York Mills Road.

poreman, he ask 500 dollar for 1 treatment? if so thats pretty expensive dont you think? what eles do you know about this doctor; like if he has experience in smoothbeam etc...

Actually that seems about right. Last time I was in Canada 1.37 (loonies and twoonies) = $1. So that would make a $500 treatment about 365 U.S. Dollars (average being 350)....

i read the page on the procedures he does i dotn think any of them are done for ice picks our am i wrong?

ill have to read up on each one but what do u guys think?

Thanks YW

$500 is not cheap, (yeah it is about the same as US price, but we earn Canadian rupies, not USD). If it is effective, I don't mind paying it. Correct me if I am wrong, I think this is the only smooth beam facility available in TO at the current time.

He told me SB is used mainly for wrinkles, but he also showed me before and after pic of one dude, who had a lot of deep icepicks. After 3 treatments, there was some visual improvement (and the guy was very happy, so I was told). But pictures can be misleading because of lighting.

He was quite frank with me that I may see 20% to 30% improvement (but how do you quantify that ?), but the scar will not completely go away.

For me, I made the decision to give SB a try based on the threads I read here ... it was not like he was hard selling it to me. And yes, my face and nose is full of little icepick scars.

Poreman thanks for that info, so you are going to get SB treatment with Dr.bargman? how many session did he said you have to do, and does he say anything about helping with red marks and shalow scarring?

maybe try needling first then do smoothbeam afterwards?

cause i'm planning to do some needling first~

No prob. Depends on progress made (if any) a month after the 2nd treatment, I shall decide to continue or not. But I shall stop my casual needling (just started last week), so I know how effective the SB is. For starter, I will be happy if there is indeed zero down time, because I am not planning for it.

Last year I had IPL (intenseive pulse light) done for sun spots before (not sure if that applies to you). I am asian but have tanned color complexion. The IPL did the job the first time, (I literally rub the sun spots off my face after a few days), but left serious hyperpigment on my face for 4 to 5 weeks.

I used Obachi blender and Retina for couple weeks, and the hyperpigment went away. I was also told that IPL helps regen collagen, but I did not feel that benefit.

The IPL was done at Dr. Joseph Wong's clinic. (416) 754-0722.