Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone had good results with spironolactone? im going to get a prescription tomorrow and im hoping it works because i have really oily skin, and i know my acne is hormonal

well im on it right now, along with ortho-tri cyclen, and minocyclin.....and things seem to be looking quite a bit better even though i have only been on it about 3 weeks. my oil level has definately decreased, i dont know if its from the spiro or the minocyclin, but one of them is definately doin somethin.....or maybe its just a mixture of all of them.....who knows, but if ur looking to decrease ur oil level, then i would definately suggest the spiro. and just like u, im pretty sure my acne is hormonal, and i had blood tests done to see if i have PCOS, but they never called me back with the results. so if i were u, i would suggest asking your doctor about PCOS, and maybe get an appointment with a gynocologist, or endocrinologist, to see if u have PCOS. Well GOOD LUCK, and i hope everything goes well for u!

i just saw my doctor and she wouldnt give me a prescription for this because she said it only works for girls with ovarian cysts or something. anyways, she suggested yasmin but i dont really want to take bc. Do gynecologists prescribe spirinolactone? im so frustrated right now.

Hey.. I'm dealing with the same thing. I've been on 5 antibiotics with no luck. My acne was never awful and I only started taking antibiotics to prevent any breakouts during my july wedding which was a week beofre my cycle. Needless to say, Ive been on Dynacin, Cephalexin, Bactrim, Omnicef, and now Erythromycin and none of them seem to be working. I have a call in to my Gyno to find out if this is hormonal. Is there anyway to tell if it is? Let me know if you guys get any new info sad.gif