Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tension

Cetaphil CVS/Store brand

Hey yall, sorry if this is a repost but I searched and didn't find anything. Anyway, my question is if Cetaphil CVS brand (or another store brand) is just as good as the original Cetaphil? I'm quickly running out of my current Cetaphil and need to buy another soon, so wanted to see if buying generic is a good cost-cutting solution. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you are referring to the Cetaphil Cleanser or Moisturizer, but either way, the ingredients are generally the same.

I used the Equate version of the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and it worked just fine.

hm.. Well I think it says for the cetaphil cleanser that the company does not product a store brand which seems as though the two may be slightly different from one another.

i have used the cvs version and the walgreens version of cetaphil gentle cleanser. i believe the cvs version has the exact same ingredients and i can confirm that the walgreens version does. i know that a lot of times brands like cvs sell excess products to stores which then sell it under their generic names. so many times the product itself is the exact product as the brandname version.

i have gotten the same results with the cvs version and walgreens version of cetaphil gentle cleanser.

Cool, thanks for the replies everyone! And I was originally referring to the moisturizing lotion.

i have the walmart brand (equate) of both the cleanser and moisturizer. i'm pretty sure when i checked the ingredients they were exactly the same for both. the only difference is that i saved about 6$ on each of them.