Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ss14

amzing product for those annoying holes/ICE PICK SCARS!!

I've been trying to find information on Acne Free Scar Eraser and I'm curious as to where can I buy it. On the old thread Testosterone mentioned getting it from Wal-Mart. ss14, where did you get yours from? Thanks for the tip!

Oops.. I just noticed the link to the page. They carry those products at Wal-Mart and Target. I'm getting some laser later today, so I think I'll march over to Target on saturday. For some reason I feel more at ease wearing gauze pads all over my face!

im naturally tan skinned... if anyone bought this plz let me knw if ur cream was brownish or the normal white

This product seems to have a nice effect on smaller ice picks scars, yes? Then how about large pores? Also, does this work better with lighter skinned individuals, or does being a little darker make any diffrence?

A big question is, does this product help with all scarring not just ice pick? I have IPS also, but might there be some improvment with rolling scars too? Please.. please.. please someone answer these questions for me.

ss14 I bought the product today from Walmart. The scar lotion looks light brownish when looking through the opening, but I rubbed a bit on my arm and it turned white.

I just purchased the Acne-Free Scar Eraser at Osco. It is on sale for 17.99 until tomorrow. (did I get ripped?) also..I didn't see anything in or on the box that states a moneyback gaurantee?

SS14 my cream is a light tan color too. Thanks for posting your results..I cant wait to try it! :D

I just purchased the Acne-Free Scar Eraser at Osco. It is on sale for 17.99 until tomorrow. (did I get ripped?) also..I didn't see anything in or on the box that states a moneyback gaurantee?

SS14 my cream is a light tan color too. Thanks for posting your results..I cant wait to try it! :D

dont worry this is what i found on the website..since acne products has ive learned for my past experience dont always work for everyone money back garantee always help... heres what it said

Does AcneFree have a money back guarantee?

Guarantee: If you find that you are unhappy with any purchase that is made through University Medical Products, for any reason, you may return all bottles to us within 30 days of your purchase, for a refund. We will refund your credit card for the amount of the purchase less shipping and handling.

Auto Ship Orders: within 30 days of your first order, you may return all bottles to us for a refund. We will refund your credit card for the amount of the purchase less shipping and handling. Orders after your first purchase will not be accepted for refund.

* Orders shipped prior to cancellation will not be eligible for a refund.

Thats weird I ordered mine straight from University Medical, and it is a white cream, does not look tan at all??????????

This product seems to have a nice effect on smaller ice picks scars, yes? Then how about large pores? Also, does this work better with lighter skinned individuals, or does being a little darker make any diffrence?

THe color of the skin does not effect the strenght of the cream. ive read in the articles the hydroquinone which is used in this cream may darken some tanned skin ppl but i doubt thas gonna happen since it uses only 2%... the article was probably talking about the presciption hydroquinone which is 4%.

A big question is, does this product help with all scarring not just ice pick? I have IPS also, Please.. please.. please someone answer these questions for me.

The company claims that is suppose to reduce the apperance of pock marks which are shallow ice pick scars. It did exactly that with my skin, it not only reduced mine but it almost seem to be gone. however my IPS results wasnt as dramtc but some ppl from the pervious have claimed that it worked great for them so i would say juss give it shot.

::EDIT:: read m y post on the botton i found some new info on ips

but might there be some improvment with rolling scars too?

all i can say is if ur scars look like this, it would def help alot.

[attachmentid=5978]

if it looks like this, u better off with a surgery

[attachmentid=5979]

you can also see my results..its somewher in this post. hope this helped

Thats weird I ordered mine straight from University Medical, and it is a white cream, does not look tan at all??????????

ok i found why that is...heres what i found in an article....

My skin lightener is turning brown. Is it still effective?

After detailed correspondence with the cosmetics chemists I work with, they have informed me that while hydroquinone, the active ingredient in my Remarkable Skin Lightening Lotion,

(same goes for freeacne) may turn a tan to light brown color once it is opened and exposed to light and/or air, this color change does not affect the ability to fade skin discolorations.

The opaque tube packaging reduces the amount of light and air that comes in contact with the products but is not 100% airtight, which explains why these products may still change color over time. You may continue to use them and they will still effectively fade skin discolorations

but sadly i also found this which may explain why it didnt work on my red mark...but it did work for my ice pick scars which are gone now..so im happy :)

Do the skin lighteners work on acne scars?

No. Acne scars are not related to melanin (the skin's pigment) and that is what the active ingredient (hydroquinone) in these products acts upon. Acne scars (which are usually red marks) are a result of your skin's healing response to blemishes, and are called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Although these spots tend to fade on their own, it can take a year or more for them to completely vanish. A dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon can use specialized laser treatments to remove the red marks within 1-3 sessions.

Thank you SS14 for answering my guarantee question.. :D

..$14 at WalMart??? :doh: I knew i paid more than I should at Osco. Im gonna take it back tomorrow and get it at WalMart..Im a cheapo...lol

First off, thank you for taking some of your time to answer my inquiry ss14, it's much appreciated.

THe color of the skin does not effect the strenght of the cream. ive read in the articles the hydroquinone which is used in this cream may darken some tanned skin ppl but i doubt thas gonna happen since it uses only 2%... the article was probably talking about the presciption hydroquinone which is 4%.

Also if I may ask, you said you had more success with indented skin, rather than red spots, I assume you meant just for the shallow pock marks?

yea thas what i meant shallow pock marks

When taking this what else, if any, are you using in conjunction?

Im on accutance and ive been on it before it...like before it did nothing for my scars so i doubt thas gonna be a factor. I use glycolic peels 40% once in awhile i had been using this product prior to acnefre this product and that it also very little and similar to that i also do microdemabations (netrogena's product) both of them exfoliate my skin but never enough to get rid of my ice pick marks and i cant do them often as my skin turn red easily %#$ which makes it seem even worse.. so it maybe the combination but i doubt it

I should look for this product, I mean this is it right?

IPB Image

lol yea dont worry u got the right product.

A few hours ago, I applied the scar eraser to my scars. Cheeks, forehead, nose..oh Hell, I put it all over my face...lol not near my eyes though. I haven't touched my face at all, but it seems to be burning my eyes. Not bad burning, they just feel sore. Anyone else experience this?

oh I forgot to ask..do you put the cream on your individual scars/indents or all over?

A few hours ago, I applied the scar eraser to my scars. Cheeks, forehead, nose..oh Hell, I put it all over my face...lol not near my eyes though. I haven't touched my face at all, but it seems to be burning my eyes. Not bad burning, they just feel sore. Anyone else experience this?

oh I forgot to ask..do you put the cream on your individual scars/indents or all over?

I would imagine just on places where you have scars.

I am skeptical of an otc product which actually works for indented scars. However, I know this manufacturers products are good. I searched ebay for hours for their wrinkle patches which were banned by the fda (advertisment issues). I think I may give it a go since it will probably help at least a little bit.