Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogprince

Pubic Area Skin

Guest frogprince

Does anybody have experiences with how they groom their pubic areas?

I am thinking about shaving my pubic on a regular basis.

but I am getting scared of the possibilities of acne breakouts, ingrown hairs, and infections.

I am clear now, but I am afraid that shaving my pubic hair on a regular basis will cause problems on the future.

For my face, which is clear now, I have stuck to natural treatments.

as opposed to using all the harmful products like BP or SA.

For my facial acne topical regimen, I am currently using using

The Baking Soda / Apple Cider Vinegar Solution in the morning and the

Lemon / Egg White Mask at night.

Since Baking Soda is the exfoliator, I have been thinking about using it, not sure about the apple cider vinegar toner.

Can anybody share any experiences with how they treat their skin on the pubic areas?

Thanks.

I'm a newbie at shaving that area and am going through a learning process. I've had a few irritated bump episodes the day after shaving, but neosporin cream has helped considerably. Like, for example, last night I exfoliated with a loofah and when I got out of the shower, I saw the bumps and applied the cream. This morning the bumps are gone, except for a few that were there prior to last night and seem to be taking longer to heal.

I think I got the bumps because I used a razor (I kept the strokes going downward too, but I still got bumps). I've used a few depilatory creams, some that didn't work well were Sally Hansen and Veet. Nair works better, if I leave it on much longer than they say, but it doesn't get rid of every hair.

If I had the $$, I would probably do laser. From what I've heard it sounds the most effective with smooth results.

Does anybody have experiences with how they groom their pubic areas?

I am thinking about shaving my pubic on a regular basis.

but I am getting scared of the possibilities of acne breakouts, ingrown hairs, and infections.

I am clear now, but I am afraid that shaving my pubic hair on a regular basis will cause problems on the future.

For my face, which is clear now, I have stuck to natural treatments.

as opposed to using all the harmful products like BP or SA.

For my facial acne topical regimen, I am currently using using

The Baking Soda / Apple Cider Vinegar Solution in the morning and the

Lemon / Egg White Mask at night.

Since Baking Soda is the exfoliator, I have been thinking about using it, not sure about the apple cider vinegar toner.

Can anybody share any experiences with how they treat their skin on the pubic areas?

Thanks.

From the makers of Monistat: "Chafing Relief Powder-Gel." It is a skin protectant that claims to "relieve chafing from shaving."

I've used it on my bikini line...works well.

I have experience with grooming the pubic area.

Wow, I really just wanted to say that.

But yea don't use shaving cream down there cause that'll burn,. I use cetaphil as a shaving lotion down there. Then moisturize moisturize moisturize or else you'll get razor burn.

Oh and don't nick yourself.

You'll cry if you do.