Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ThereIsHope

Anyone had siblings who were on accutane???

Guest ThereIsHope

I have a question. My two older sisters who are now in their mid-20's both went on tane about 6 years ago. They both cleared up beautifully with not much of an IB. They had acne almost identical to mine, except mine is a bit worse then theirs was from having tried proactive this summer which DESTROYED my skin. Sooo I was wondering, I mean I know everyone is different and all, but is it realistic to expect to have the same results as my sisters since we are genitically related and therefore have the same type of acne???

Also, has anyone has had sibs who went on accutane and what were their results? Were they the same as yours??

Both my brother and sister were on accutane...my sister was 20 when she was on tane and my brother was about 16 i think. They had amazing results from it and now i envy their skin. My brother in particular had severe acne and now he is 28 and has the most amazing skin tone and texture.

Although i haven't been on tane as yet, i hope to start it soon for my back acne problems and i really hope i get similar results to them :pray:

My sister went on it probably 10 years ago. I can only hope my results are as good, but our skin problems were a bit different from eachother, so I can only cross my fingers and hope!

My brother (and my mom) were both on Accutane, my brother a few years ago. I think he was 16-17. I don't think he's had a pimple since. I just finished Accuntane and I'm waiting to see how it will turn out in a few weeks/months, but as of right now I'm breakout free. Hopefully I'll have the same results as him.

Sister went on about 8 years ago... great skin, no problems since and she only had dry lips as a side effect. Hopefully my experience will be the same.