Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So here's the deal.... Everything is relatively clear except for my forehead. All the little bumps that i had worked so hard to get rid of (with Differin) seem to be making their way back.... Is there any sort of IB period with this stuff?

If i went back to differen (just for my forehead) after a week off would i have to go through the whole 8 week IB again?

So here's the deal.... Everything is relatively clear except for my forehead. All the little bumps that i had worked so hard to get rid of (with Differin) seem to be making their way back.... Is there any sort of IB period with this stuff?

If i went back to differen (just for my forehead) after a week off would i have to go through the whole 8 week IB again?

I dont think all your effort with Differin will go away within a few applications of BP. I just suggest that you stay away from using BP and Differin at the same time. I was on Differin before but it did jack squat for me so I tried BP again and found this new BP. How long have you tried using the BP? You could be going through a 'purging' effect.

It's been almost two weeks now. My forehead is a wreck. After a week of the new BP i changed things up. I use the Benz Oil morning and night, but at night I only use differin on my forehead. So at night my forehead = differi , while the rest of the face = BenzOil.

I've still had some minor breakouts on the rest of my face though.... Can anyone tell me if they had a "purging" with BenzOil? Or how long it took to work?

Should i get rid of the Differin completely and only use Benzoil on my forehead or what?

I've been using the product since the beginning of december with decent success (much better than anything I've used so far anyways). Actually, I've got an appointment for accutane at the beginning of march, and my mom (who convinced me to make the appointment) has asked me a couple times if I still want it. So I suppose its doing something.

Anyways, i'm a bit worried at the moment. I just received my third cannister of the stuff from ebay, and I noticed that this batch is alot oilier than normal. The other two were more of a white paste, this one is almost beige, and has a sort of watery consistency. Is this normal? Was the master batch not shaken up too well before they poured it?

the guy who is selling this stuff is weird just look at what he seels then he is selling acne medication. hmmm odd? probably a 50 yr old guy looking for kids if you ask me does he ever ask for pictures haha :lol:

He is a chemist and a very smart man... I'm sure if you ever had a conversation with him you would be very confused. :)

Just to let you all know, the benzoil is backordered for a few days and that's why I don't have any available on ebay right now. It should be back up in a few days!

Yes, I must also pipe in to say that I fully endorse/recommend this product. I have to say that I've seen alot of pictures of people on this forum complaining about their skin, and I'd just want to smack them because theirs didnt seem as bad as mine at all. I only have 2 active zits right now, both on their way out, one on either temple (actually, thats cheating a bit. A tiny whitehead just popped up above my chin, but I think its because I was smoking last night). Now I'm just looking for ways to get rid of my red-marks.

Thank you for introducing me to this product and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep selling it.

edit: knock on wood! I'd hate to jynx myself! :)

Finally, some proof.

smile.jpg

Light make-up. And I mean.. very light. Go to my gallery, and compare.

I use this stuff 2 times a week now. :)

BTW, I am a real person. :D

Finally, some proof.

smile.jpg

Light make-up. And I mean.. very light. Go to my gallery, and compare.

I use this stuff 2 times a week now. :)

BTW, I am a real person. :D

You know, I was thinking about you the other day -- Or, well, hold on.. That sounded creepy. Haha.

What I meant to say, was that I was thinking about this thread the other day, and I had remembered that you had said that you wanted to look good for when you went back to school and such, and I was curious as to your progress.

Wow, man.. Comparing your befores with afters is truly AMAZING. :D

I've had good results with this product, as well.. Especially since I've been getting my hormones under control, which was my main issue.

Don't forget about us, now.. Keep us all updated from time to time!

I would post before and after pictures, but I don't have any befores anymore.. I got really depressed and upset one day and deleted them all. *Shrug* Maybe it's for the best.. I want to be able to keep that behind me. -- But I will NEVER take clear, smooth skin for granted.. Ever. Again.

Congrats!! :clap:

I just spent about 30 minutes reading this entire thread. I'm hoping I can find something that can help.

I'm 23 and my acne seems to be much worse now than when I was in middle school or high school. It was bad a few years ago, and I went to my dermatologist. He put me on differin at night and plexion 2x a day. It actually worked pretty well, I had to do the differin every other day for a while because it was so drying, but the plexion worked wonders, if anyone's ever heard of it. It's pretty drying as well, but Aveeno's postively radiant mosturizer worked well with it.

Anyways, I ended up getting kicked off my dad's health insurance and couldn't afford to pay $80 per bottle (for each one) so I tried over the counter stuff.

Originally my doc said not to do BP or SA because my problem isn't huge breakouts, it's the fact that everysingle one of my pores is clogged with gunk. Mostly dead skin. I can feel it on my face, I feel like I have 6 extra layers of skin on my cheeks, and above my chin around my mouth. When I pick at them and try to pop them(which I have this incontrollable tendency to do) then it creates big breakouts. And occasionally they happen on their own.

So right before I got married, I wanted nice skin for pics, so I went to a medical spa. This also worked really well. They gave me an acne facial the fist time, and I bought a cleanser from them that was really nice. It was gentle kind of like cetaphil, but cetaphil always makes my face feel like it isn't really clean, but this stuff felt clean! I also bought a product that's called glycolmer gel. The gal who was doing my facials said it was good for me because it actually help dissolve the dead skin that is layered on my face, causing the clogged pores. It was a better alternative than harsh sccrubs, which weren't doing the trick. She also gave me these intense chemical peels every other week until my wedding. My skin was radiant for my wedding :)

But shortly after the wedding we moved from Seattle (where I grew up) to Louisiana. Needless to say, the climate here I think has a HUGE effect on my skin. I immediately began breaking out. I can't keep my skin clear anymore. And without the chemical peels, I can feel the dead skin layers again all over my cheeks. And the glycolmer gel is good to keep a low amount of breakouts (except at that time of the month) but it doesn't work as well on it's own.

Anyways, I honestly didn't mean to babble, but here are my concerns:

1. Is anyone that is on this product in one of the southern US states, someone that can relate to the intense humidity along with me? I want to see if anyone has similar results in this climate, becuase it hugely effects my skin!

2. I'm a little concerned about going to a BP because my original derm. told me not to (but he also told me I could use whatever kind of soap I wanted to cleanse my face while I was on his meds, so I used Dove. Just regular old Dove white soap, the same as I use for the rest of my body.... everyone else has told me this is a mistake). Since I'm pretty sure I have the same condition as always, does anyone here have any suggestions? Does anyone here have what I have? Should I be trying something new, reguardless of what my old derm. told me? Or now that I have insurance should I try going back to the derm. down here?

3. I am a skeptic. I bought ProActive when I fist got down south here, going off the raves I heard from people I knew who used it and it worked wonders. Pro Active did NOT help my acne at all. So if I buy this stuff, is it still available from someone in a smaller quantity?

4. If I love this product, has anyone found you can buy one of the larger bottles of it and just use it for themsleves, without trying to sell it? Does it go "bad"?

I am totally a rambler, so I truly apologize. I just found this entire thread really interesting, since it spanned over a few months time, and it's been a lot of the same people involved.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :) Jenn

I live in downtown Atlanta and of course all over GA there is crazy humidity but this stuff works for me. Personally, it works better for me than did ProActiv. Contact Takara on this forum, she sells it in smaller portions (4 oz) which should last you a LONG time. I think the expiration dates on this bp is 2012? longer depending on when the bp was manufactured and milled. Good luck, glad you took the time to read through some posts!

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135

This thread may be able to help you. She outlines some interesting (and apparently effective) ways to exfoliate/rejuvenate your skin.

Going to try next week once I make sure everything really is actually gone.

As far as your questions - I'm not sure why your derm recommended you stay away from BP. Any specific reason? And you should probably find some sort of gentle cleanser for acne-prone skin. I would never think about using regular soap on my face anymore.

I also used proactiv for a while, and I never experienced results like they described on the commercial.

And if you like it and want something a bit more economical (in the long run) the stuff lasts forever apparently, and there's nothing that says that you HAVE to sell it or anything.

Kooky: Curious what you mean about this stuff lasting a long time. How much do you people use yours? I apply twice daily, and go through 1 in a bit over a month.

Thats ONE good thing about my skin. Acne prone, but seems as though its incredibly able to handle this sort of thing. Barely had a hardening period for BP.

Thanks! I am going to try some of that stuff asap.

A lot of what she said was similar to what the gal that treated my skin for my wedding said. A lot of it sounds like similar treatment as well. And my skin was perfect for the wedding. Maybe that helps some of you guys too?

Kooky: Curious what you mean about this stuff lasting a long time. How much do you people use yours? I apply twice daily, and go through 1 in a bit over a month.

Thats ONE good thing about my skin. Acne prone, but seems as though its incredibly able to handle this sort of thing. Barely had a hardening period for BP.

1 in a bit over a month? By that you mean a bit over 1 ounce per month? I apply 2 times a day, morning and night, and use about a pea and a half worth of bp per application and even at times that is too much for my face. Im guessing you use more?

By that you mean a bit over 1 ounce per month?

I'm quite certain he/she means all four ounces in a bit over a month.

^ if thats the case, holy crap that's a lot of bp!

Hey, whatever works, I guess. *Shrug*

Lately, I think I have been applying too much.. My skin gets really oily and the Benzoil doesn't absorb all of the way, even after waiting 15 minutes to moisturize.

is anyone selling smaller portions of this stuff? i don't feel like dropping $400 for a few gallons of it, haha

^ if thats the case, holy crap that's a lot of bp!

Hey, whatever works, I guess. *Shrug*

Lately, I think I have been applying too much.. My skin gets really oily and the Benzoil doesn't absorb all of the way, even after waiting 15 minutes to moisturize.

I noted in an earlier post that the composition of my latest order of benzoil seems a bit different than before. I find that this one takes a bit longer to absorb into the skin, and requires a bit more rubbing when I apply it.

Lol, ya, it might be quite a bit of BP that I use. Although I dont quite understand how you could cover your face with just a pea-sized amount, kooky. Are you just doing spot-treatments? Never really found spot-treatments terribly effective. And when you think about it, I'm using 4 oz 10% BP/month, instead of 8 oz 2.5% BP/month (compared to Dan's). So its almost as if I've merely doubled the percentage of my previous BP use (and at least I'm seeing some impressive results!)