Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I moved flat a month ago now, and just because I could (and my flatmate) we was smoking a lot of weed every night. Truth be told, i didnt really notice any acne appearing for 2 weeks or so.

However the past week, my face kinda exploded. I obviously cant 100% be sure if it was the weed (because i perhaps had eaten a lot of bread too) but it was very suspescious since it was worse than it normally was. I was also getting a lot of whiteheads around my chin which I never really get, as well as some large spots on my cheeks.

Anyway I havent smoked any since saturday, although it hasnt got any better yet (perhaps its even worse..) but I just am sick of not knowing what causes what. I definatly do find that if i dont smoke any for a month, it does improve a lot. Im planning on cutting down, but its very hard when several of my mates come round smoking or I go out and they smoking it.

I have started drinking demon and putting it on my face too to see if that makes a difference, but still early days.

Just wondered what could cause acne from weed? I hear it increases testostorone levels which in turn can cause acne? All seems strange to me.

Weed seems to break me out near the chin and jawline. I only smoke once or twice a month. Not sure if eating it has any effect on breakouts, I think not...

to be honest for the past week i been eating pretty well, besides the occasional biscuit or cake.

Im gonna stop doing bongs (stick to spliffs), they cant be helping much.

Smoking anything is bad for your skin.

I personally believe weed "clogs the system" and leaves toxins in the body. When I used to smoke I felt really backed up..kinda tired and groggy and crappy all the time.

I also believe weed can effect hormone levels.

Basically you dont know what you are doing to yourself and there is no real way to moniter it. I think weed is very bad for the body, in any way other than a once in awhile thing. (obviously getting high once a month or so probably wont do you any damage).

Please stay away from the drugs..I know you probably wont listen, but I speak from a LOT of experiance. I wasted years of my life on this crap.

I personally believe weed "clogs the system" and leaves toxins in the body. When I used to smoke I felt really backed up..kinda tired and groggy and crappy all the time.

What kind of toxins do you think are left in the body?

I personally don't think weed does anything to the skin, I don't know how it could.

I personally don't think weed does anything to the skin, I don't know how it could.

I agree.

weed sprayed with windex.

some guys i know well do it at parties and they say its the cheap way of spiking it for girls (the better way is with coke).

is it true? or are they just making a stupid lethal combination?

ps. im clean on that i don't do it, not just cause of acne but because i don't do. b4 accutane i drank like fucking crazy though :lol:

some guys i know well do it at parties and they say its the cheap way of spiking it for girls (the better way is with coke).

ps. im clean on that i don't do it, not just cause of acne but because i don't do. b4 accutane i drank like fucking crazy though :lol:

the kind of toxins that make you all like " JAMALLLLL WUDDUP?!" :razz: , and theres no jamal around

i tottally disagree i smoke weed everyday i smoke cigarettes everyday my acne has its good days and bad i think u are just goin through your bad day

the kind of toxins that make you all like " JAMALLLLL WUDDUP?!" :razz: , and theres no jamal around

I'm guessing you've never smoked weed before. It dosn't make you hallucinate. In fact, no drug will make you hallucinate in the true sense of the word :)

I'm guessing you've never smoked weed before. It dosn't make you hallucinate. In fact, no drug will make you hallucinate in the true sense of the word :)

im assuming you've never had an acid trip?

lol if you smoke weed your arteries are gonna clog up your bloods gonna get around slower so your skins gonna dehydrate and generally look like shit.

smoking cigs and blazing weed is not good for your acne/skin. :boohoo:

if i do get high i just drink loads of water afterwards, but i dont get high as much as i used to.

and stick to skunk not sput. sput is full of toxins and all sorts of wierd stuff that surely cant be helping your skin. so if your going to get high stick to natural nice green weed.

or just ignore this post and get higggggggggggggh :cool:

wel i meant just being pure stupid cause jamall is a funny name apparently. yea i kno u see things when you drop acid. no ive never been high but im with people all the time who are.

lol if you smoke weed your arteries are gonna clog up your bloods gonna get around slower so your skins gonna dehydrate and generally look like shit.

smoking cigs and blazing weed is not good for your acne/skin. :boohoo:

if i do get high i just drink loads of water afterwards, but i dont get high as much as i used to.

and stick to skunk not sput. sput is full of toxins and all sorts of wierd stuff that surely cant be helping your skin. so if your going to get high stick to natural nice green weed.

or just ignore this post and get higggggggggggggh :cool:

please back this up with evidence cause you are obviously talking out of your ass delta 9 tetra hydro canabinol will in no way what so ever clog arteries or slow blood circulation or dehydrate the skin period.

and what the heck are u talkin about toxins in herb unless the grower sprayed accuall pestisides and toxins on himself there there are no toxins in canabisativa and if the grower by a long shot ever did do that he'll kill clients and fuck himself up when smoking it not to mention it would cost more to introduce pestisides and toxins the plant will most likly die 90% of the time be4 even reaching maturity

I'm assuming you havn't. I have had quite a few acid trips. While the LSD may make occasionly make surfaces and patterns appear like they are "pulsing", it certainly does not produce the kind of lurid hallucinations many people think. LSD does not really alter reality, It enhances reality. Everything is far more real than it's ever been. Supposedly the only drug which will cause TRUE hallucinations, is jimsen weed. Research it.

true that. however.. when you are fucked up on acid things can look like something they are not.. like whenever I would drive in a car tripping every telephone pole would look like there was a person standing next to it but then I would realize: damn dude, I don't even know anyone who has a car. What was the question again?

true that. however.. when you are fucked up on acid things can look like something they are not.. like whenever I would drive in a car tripping every telephone pole would look like there was a person standing next to it but then I would realize: damn dude, I don't even know anyone who has a car. What was the question again?

What you are describing there, I think are called visual echoes or something like that. I get that too when i'm on acid . I'll think that I see flashes of a figure in my peripheral vision and then turn around to find that there's never anyone there. The point i'm trying to make however, is that some people believe believe that acid will cause extremely vivid hallucinations and you will see birds and shit flying at you and monsters and dinosaurs running about having a laugh. That is complete bullshit. I have been completely twisted on acid before, but have never had any spectacular hallucinations.

Rubber Sheep - do you smoke it for health reasons?

Nope haha. Really I'm just a social smoker as far as it goes, I used to smoke a bit more but now it's like parties and such. But yeah weed is a double edged sword, while you may be getting some anti inflammatory benefit from THC (which is scientifically backed, not talking out of my ass here...) you're also getting all the tar / toxins (yes guys, anything that's burnt up will produce toxic byproducts whether it's weed, tobacco, tree leaves or chicken). I used to think it was harmless but I don't quite see it that way now, it's got a little negative effect but like drinking, in moderation I think it's fine. Addiction to anything, on the other hand, has plenty of bad things attached...

please back this up with evidence cause you are obviously talking out of your ass delta 9 tetra hydro canabinol will in no way what so ever clog arteries or slow blood circulation or dehydrate the skin period.

:rolleyes:

lol heres a link

the bbc knows all.

hahaha have u read that article ? honestly read it again not just the headline

let me just quote this article

1st paragraph

The National Institute on Drug Abuse in Baltimore found users have faster blood flow in their brains - even after a month of not smoking

The National Institute on Drug Abuse heres a link http://www.drugabuse.gov

lets read what their mission statement

Mission Statement

The clinical subdivision of the Intramural Research Program strives to perform cutting edge, safe, and ethical research within a coordinated multidisciplinary approach. NIDA-IRP attempts to elucidate the nature of the addictive process; to determine the potential use of new therapies for substance abuse, both pharmacological and psycho-social; and to decipher the long term consequences of drugs of abuse on the development, maturation, function, and structure of the brain, and other organ systems.

wow lets waste some tax money on how the addiction process pans out.back on topic haveyou ever met any one who needed rehab for marijuana i mean straight rehab detox go to the hospitol for it style haha.

ok so i get it i have faster blood flow lets read on

2nd paragrah

The findings suggest marijauna use narrows blood vessels, in way similar to that found in heart disease.

key word here SUGGEST like... I didn't tell him to leave, I only suggested it. ill go on

They used sophisticated ultrasound technology to measure blood flow in volunteers' brains at the beginning of the study and after a month of abstinence.

Marijauna smokers had a faster blood flow, both at the start of the study, and after they had refrained from their habit for four weeks.

ok my blood flows still pretty fast lets look into that

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/...80716075449.htm

source:american heart association

hmm according to them i would hate to have a slow blood flow

now the sophisticated ultrablah blah lets look into that

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/...asonography.jsp

according to them slow blood flow would suck

they accaully use this sucker to detect ares of restrictions in blood flow resulting in a STROKE STROKE STROKE =STOPPED BLOOD FLOW

lets see what else the article has to say

Researcher Dr Ronald Herning said: "The marijuana users had PI values that were somewhat higher than those of people with chronic high blood pressure and diabetes.

"This suggests that marijuana use leads to abnormalities in the small blood vessels in the brain."

alright so i have pi levels that are higher then ppl with high blood pressure and diabetes. does that mean high pi levels=diabetes and high blood presure hmm dr harold left that out

whoa there goes that magic word again SUGGEST.who is dr ronlad herning ??? google his name just do it

now the only GOOD quote out of that whole article full of assumptions and scare tatics alllll the way down on the last 2 paragraphs

Professor Peter Weissberg, medical director of the British Heart Foundation, said: "This paper adds to the growing body of evidence that marijuana has important and persistent physiological effects on blood flow to the brain that may have longterm consequences."This, coupled with the likelihood that marijuana uses are often also tobacco smokers, points to potential longterm risks for frequent users."

i can only imagine how out of contex this quote is, the reporter prob cornered him with a tape recorder

so to sum it up pro.weissburg tells me there may be longterm consequences and when if i smoke cigarettes then there is potential for longterm risk there wasent potential yet if you were just smoking weed .....thats my man he played switzerland

thanks for bringing that to my attention

now take a hit it wont kill u honestly

But yeah weed is a double edged sword, while you may be getting some anti inflammatory benefit from THC (which is scientifically backed, not talking out of my ass here...) you're also getting all the tar / toxins (yes guys, anything that's burnt up will produce toxic byproducts whether it's weed, tobacco, tree leaves or chicken)

never fear there are pros along with the cons of smoking if any thing eat it

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2501729_pf.html

http://www.lung.med.ucla.edu/faculty/tashkin.htm

http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/pop/Tashkinstudy.htm

and yes everything in moderation. sugar is good im not encouragin eating 5 lbs of sugar a day and if you dont like sugar thats fine too