Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dejaclairevoyant

Cetaphil Moisterizer

Does anyone else find this moisterizer a bit oily?

Im suprised its recommended for CSR, it seems really greasy and heavy to me.

Ive been using it a week or two now..Im not sure if its causing my breakouts (there have been some changes in my supplements too). Could it cause breakouts? Do you guys like it?

Are you using the regular one or the one with SPF 15 cos I know that one can make my face shiney but it's not greasy or heavy at all to me. Maybe try using less if you can?

IMO I find it to be very heavy and greasy. I think it is best for very dry skin, I hear it's very hydrating. My skin is very dry from all the BP but I'm hesitant to use the Cetaphil because it feels so greasy.

I don't know if it's causing the breakouts or not. I'm sure it won't hurt to try another moisturizer. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer.

Best wishes!

I switched from Neutrogena Oil-Free, which was very light and I liked it very well, to Cetaphil about a week and half ago b/c the Neut. just didn't tackle the flakes. Cetaphil does a good job at keeping my skin hydrated, but I agree with you all that it is a "heavy" moisturizer. It's very thick and I have to be a little more vigorous in order to apply it to my face. I don't find it to be any more greasy than the Neutrogena (I use the non-SPF version). Coincidently, I have broken out all of a sudden -- which is absolutely perfect seeing as how I have a job interview on Friday and I'm in my sister's wedding on Saturday.... I don't know if it's due to the moisturizer switch or if it's just the typical breakout to be expected in the early stages of CSR. Summary: I like the moisturizing qualities of the Cetaphil but I MUCH prefer the texture of the Neutrogena. After a few weeks on Cetaphil and the flakes are under control, I may switch back to the Neutrogena Oil-Free.

It's an intersting question because half the people on the org will tell you it is the best and they swear by it and the other half will tell you it made their skin worse... I'm of the second half. If it doesn't feel good on your skin, don't hesitate to try something else. I've heard good things about the Purpose mosturizer...

It can be a bit greasy looking, especially if you have oily skin.

That was the problem I had with it. I loved the way it felt, and made my skin so soft, but it was just too shiny for my oily skin. I agree that it is probably super for more dry skin types though.

If you want to try something else, and you have been on the CSR at least a month, give Lac-Hydrin Five a try. It isn't shiny, hydrates well, no fragrance. It doesn't have any spf, so just keep that in mind. But it works very well for my oily skin.

ALso may I add if you feel it looks greasy as I do with oily skin maybe we should only use it at night and something else during the day.

I've used Cetaphil Moisture Lotion, and hated it. If you want to try a mild AHA moisturizer, I would go with Lac-Hydrin Five like Brandy suggested. I personally like Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture the best, since I'm toning with ACV and can't use AHA with it. You should definitely check it out, it's only $2-3. It's my last moisturizer after testing out a lot of others one.

When I first found this site the first thing I did was go out and buy the recommended face wash and moisturizer. I really like the Cetaphil face wash, especially since it removes makeup, most of the hoity toity face washes don't.

I also bought the Cetaphil moisturizer and I AGREE! At first it was so heavy and greasy. I thought it might get better in a few days, so I stuck with it. Unfortunately having to walk around with this sheen of greasy oily shine all over my face. It's been about a week and I have been using the same regimen and products. My moisturizer still leaves my face a little shiny but not nearly as bad as the first few days. What I changed :

~I wait 15 minutes after using the benzoyl peroxide (When I first started doing this I was hoping that since the benzoyl is known for drying out the skin that the 15 minute wait would cause my skin to be dryer and absorb more of the moisturizer and less shine. Also I read somewhere on this site where the specific regimen suggests waiting the 15 minutes.)

~I use so much less moisturizer than the first few days I started the regimen. (At first I used the recommended amount from the site which was actually a little more than the suggested amount of benzoyle. That left me with extreme shine. ) Now I put a generous amount in one of my hands, then dab a tiny tiny amount onto the fingers of my other hand, and rub a lot of the moisturizer away. Then take it over to apply to my face, going back to repeat the process and bring the thinned out smaller portions of lotion on to my face. It doesn't take longer that I have noticed and it really really helped to make the shine a lot less. My face is still a little oily/shiny looking but it doesn't feel greasy and covered in a layer of ...grease? Also comparitively the shine really is so much better.

I switched from Neutrogena Oil-Free, which was very light and I liked it very well, to Cetaphil about a week and half ago b/c the Neut. just didn't tackle the flakes. Cetaphil does a good job at keeping my skin hydrated, but I agree with you all that it is a "heavy" moisturizer. It's very thick and I have to be a little more vigorous in order to apply it to my face. I don't find it to be any more greasy than the Neutrogena (I use the non-SPF version). Coincidently, I have broken out all of a sudden -- which is absolutely perfect seeing as how I have a job interview on Friday and I'm in my sister's wedding on Saturday.... I don't know if it's due to the moisturizer switch or if it's just the typical breakout to be expected in the early stages of CSR. Summary: I like the moisturizing qualities of the Cetaphil but I MUCH prefer the texture of the Neutrogena. After a few weeks on Cetaphil and the flakes are under control, I may switch back to the Neutrogena Oil-Free.

I used to use the Neutrogena and for some strange reason it BURNED the crap out of my face. :( My skin and eyes would burn and my eyes would water terribly whenever I use it. Maybe Im allergic to something in it, I dont know.

Well just to let you guys know, so far, the cetaphil hasnt seemed to cause any breakouts. It is VERY good for my dry skin..it seems to hydrate in a way other moisterizers havent. It feels greasy and heavy but so far it seems like it actually isnt THAT greasy after its absorbed into the skin (meaning, it goes on greaSY but hasnt seemed to leave a greasy film behind).

So at this point my verdict is thumbs up. But Ill let u guys know if it starts causing problems.

It can be a bit greasy looking, especially if you have oily skin.

That was the problem I had with it. I loved the way it felt, and made my skin so soft, but it was just too shiny for my oily skin. I agree that it is probably super for more dry skin types though.

If you want to try something else, and you have been on the CSR at least a month, give Lac-Hydrin Five a try. It isn't shiny, hydrates well, no fragrance. It doesn't have any spf, so just keep that in mind. But it works very well for my oily skin.

Well actually I have very dry skin thanks to bp...I dont really have oily skin, maybe a little bit on my nose and t zones if I havent washed in a loooong time. But its not bad. I think Im going to use the lotion all over and just go extra light on my nose and chin.