Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know this has nothing to do with acne, but im hoping that maybe just this once it wont get deleted.

Todd Morgan Beamer (November 24, 1968 – September 11, 2001) was a victim and hero of the September 11, 2001 attacks. He was a passenger aboard United Airlines Flight 93, and his words to a phone operator "Let's roll" became a widespread catch phrase throughout the United States of America following the attacks.

RIP. Everyone thanks you.

Todd was the man who called his wife from flight 93 on september 11 and told her "honey, we're going to take the plane over. We dont want this plane to crash into a building. We hope it turns out okay, but if it doesnt, I love you" and when he put the phone down, he looked at the other passengers and said "lets roll".

god bless.

:cry:

Speaking of 9/11, there's been alot conspiracy theories relating the 9/11 lately. A lot of investigators said Flight 93 never actually existed because there was no wreckage of the plane ever found. A lot of students on my campus are passing around flyers about these 9/11 conspiracies and this video called Loose Change. I watched about half of it and it's very informative actually. I hope I won't spark any arguements on this sensitive matter and my heart felt condolence to victim's families. But I do go to a pretty liberal college and majority of the students think the government had enough to do with 9/11. You can find Loose Change on google video.

Haha... I hope the FBI isn't monitoring these boards, but who knows, I'm pretty sure FBI agents gets acne too lol. :|

wow this story is pretty touching. I was unaware the passangers on the plane knew the were headed into the towers. I also haven't seen the movie yet on this.. another on the must-do list

Guest Beautiful Disaster

yeah i've seen loose change. i'm not sure what to believe on the whole thing...i know not to trust everything i read/hear, and that goes for both sides. but my heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones. i'm sure it was the worst day of MANY people's lives. it must be tough having constant reminders all over the news and everywhere else. no one deserves to die that way.

wow this story is pretty touching. I was unaware the passangers on the plane knew the were headed into the towers. I also haven't seen the movie yet on this.. another on the must-do list

yeah. im not sure about the planes that crashed into the tower but flight 93 was one of the flights that was taken over my terrorists and was preparing to crash into a building, but led by this man, the passengers took over the flight and the terrorists and crashed it into an open field killing themselves but no one else. They saved many lives.

well they just did a speciasl on flight 93 and showed pics of all the ppl who were on it and they have the real recording of the mans voice and his wife was talking...i dunno i believe the whole thing i dont know why it woldnt be real.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Did anyone see that fake 9/11 photo? I don't know why anyone would want to do something like this, but someone created a fake 9/11 photo of a guy standing on a balcony in one of the twin towers and you could see the plane behind him.

Guest Sebastian_K

Speaking of 9/11, there's been alot conspiracy theories relating the 9/11 lately. A lot of investigators said Flight 93 never actually existed because there was no wreckage of the plane ever found. A lot of students on my campus are passing around flyers about these 9/11 conspiracies and this video called Loose Change. I watched about half of it and it's very informative actually. I hope I won't spark any arguements on this sensitive matter and my heart felt condolence to victim's families. But I do go to a pretty liberal college and majority of the students think the government had enough to do with 9/11. You can find Loose Change on google video.

Haha... I hope the FBI isn't monitoring these boards, but who knows, I'm pretty sure FBI agents gets acne too lol. :|

Please, i dont want to hear it. It should not even be posted or talked about coz its so ridiculous. I dont care how many holes there are, you can find that in almost anything that is the plain truth. If you look deep enough, you can try to find bullshit on anything.

How can something as big as this be set up by the government!? The evidence is there. Did they just make up the people who died? This Beaman guy is not real. Is that what the punks in your college are trying to say to me? He's just a stunt. His wife is acting too. Shes just his 'pretend wife'.

Tell the students in this liberal college of yours, to poke their eyes with a knife for being such fags.

Please do me a favour too, get all those flyers and burn each one of them. Report back in about a week, on how youve done.

what a brave man

him and steve irwin both. =(

Steve Irwin should not be put in the same category as Todd! They don't compare! What Todd did was true heroism and he gave up hs life in the process. Steve Irwin wasn't a hero or brave. He was an eccentric wildlife fanatic who got that bit too close and suffered the consequences!

I don't say this to upset those in awe of Steve Irwin, but I think it is a bit insensitive to mention him in the same breath as Todd.

I watched a documentary/drama about 9/11 the other day and it was the most heartbreaking and unbelieveable thing I have ever seen. I don't think it will ever sink in and no matter how many times I see pictures of the planes going in to the towers or the towers falling down, it will never get any easier or any less shocking. :cry:

Please, i dont want to hear it. It should not even be posted or talked about coz its so ridiculous. I dont care how many holes there are, you can find that in almost anything that is the plain truth. If you look deep enough, you can try to find bullshit on anything.

How can something as big as this be set up by the government!? The evidence is there. Did they just make up the people who died? This Beaman guy is not real. Is that what the punks in your college are trying to say to me? He's just a stunt. His wife is acting too. Shes just his 'pretend wife'.

Tell the students in this liberal college of yours, to poke their eyes with a knife for being such fags.

Please do me a favour too, get all those flyers and burn each one of them. Report back in about a week, on how youve done.

Everyone should have the right to an opinion. You think being liberal is bad? Prefer facsism or communism yourself?

Guest Sebastian_K

Everyone should have the right to an opinion. You think being liberal is bad? Prefer facsism or communism yourself?

Yeh its alright to have an opinion, though only if its not bullshit. Which this is.

Yeh its alright to have an opinion, though only if its not bullshit. Which this is.

An opinion isn't the same thing as the truth. However I do agree with you about Loose Change. (Almost as bad as Michael Moore documentaries :wall: )

Haven't seen Loose Change, but I read a rebuttal of it.

Conspiracy theories are seductive, but try not to get sucked in. There is not a chance that "the government" could have pulled off any such thing. Think of all the loose ends ...

RIP Todd Beamer, and all who died with him that day.

not to take anything away from the 9/11 tragedy, it was terrible. But...if only people cared as much about other disasters in teh world (outside of the things happening in the usa) as much as they do about 9/11... the world would be a better place. There are just as many little kids dying everyday in africa as there were deaths in 9/11...and nobody seems to care...i know ill be ripped apart for saying this. but let us broaden our horizens a bit and realise other tragedy's currently happening as well.

There are just as many little kids dying everyday in africa as there were deaths in 9/11...and nobody seems to care...i know ill be ripped apart for saying this. but let us broaden our horizens a bit and realise other tragedy's currently happening as well.

I'm not ripping you apart, I agree with some of what you are saying ... but I believe that on the anniversary of such a horrific and earthshaking event as 9/11, we do well to remember it. With sorrow, with horror, with respect.

We are only beginning to feel the ripple effect of 9/11 ... so we would also do well to look ahead and see where our countries may be headed as a result.

There are many tragedies in the world. They do not lessen each other's impact.

what a brave man

Steve Irwin should not be put in the same category as Todd! They don't compare! What Todd did was true heroism and he gave up hs life in the process. Steve Irwin wasn't a hero or brave. He was an eccentric wildlife fanatic who got that bit too close and suffered the consequences!

I don't say this to upset those in awe of Steve Irwin, but I think it is a bit insensitive to mention him in the same breath as Todd.

I watched a documentary/drama about 9/11 the other day and it was the most heartbreaking and unbelieveable thing I have ever seen. I don't think it will ever sink in and no matter how many times I see pictures of the planes going in to the towers or the towers falling down, it will never get any easier or any less shocking. :cry:

I understand what you mean when you say that Todd and Steve Irwin should not be talked about in teh same context, but please don't say things like "he was an eccentric fanatic who got that bit too close and suffered the consequences". That is a terribly ignorant and disrespectful thing to say, and as an Aussie, really just pisses me off... He got "too close" as you put it doing what he was so admired for doing - working to promote the conservation of teh Australian wildlife... he wasn't just some "fanatic" going out and doing these things for the hell of it. Yes, he loved what he did, but there were very valid and admirable reasons behind it as well.

I think that YOU are actually quite insensitive for saying this...

Rain :hand:

First of all, you can't measure a tragedy by the number of casualties. You simply can't judge the scope of an event based on deaths. It's foolish. September 11 wasn't notable in the number of lives ended, it was the social and symbolic context of that day which will mark in history for centuries. I'm not trying to take a shot at you Beany, but it's obvious that, based on your comparison of 9/11 to children starving, you just don't understand the true significance of 9/11/01, beyond a plane crashing into a big building and killing a bunch of people. It was an attack, so fucking amazingly and beautifully emblematic that a writer couldn't have invented a greater allegory. 19 men representing ideals a world apart from us, burning the very incarnation of western capitalism and commerce to the ground, only to reveal the Statue of Liberty standing directly behind it. They grabbed a giant by the balls and spit in it's face, they delivered far more damage than they even thought they would. But they lost their war before it started. We won the "War on Terror" as soon as ordinary, everyday office workers showed us just how indomitable and extrodinary the human spirit is in the most desperate of times. It's light against darkness, compassion against chaos, and it's so classically simplistic in nature that it seemed impossible to occur anywhere outside of a novel.

That's why people couldn't believe that it happened. Not because so many died, not because a plane was hijacked or because a tower collapsed.

As for Todd Beamer, I think that it's appalling that you would hold him up on a pedastal above all the true heroes and the other nameless victims of that day simply because he had a cool catchphrase, because he gave us a voice and a face to slap onto the event. I doubt you can name a single other person who died that day without looking it up, yet Todd gets special recognition because he was lucky enough to be able to reach someone on the phone before he was incinerated, ergo getting the most media attention. He was not a hero, he was a victim. He was royally screwed over, he knew what was coming, and the only chance he had to live was to regain control of the plane. He did it to save his own ass, not to save his country. Although I obviously wasn't there and can't say exactly what was going through his mind, it would be incredibly naive to say otherwise.

I'm not disrespecting him, but to specifically praise him and to ignore the rescue workers is a slap in the face to the actual heroes, and cheapens the term itself. There were firefighters who saw the South Tower implode, knew what was going to happen to the other one any second, and ran right in to save a few more people. My words don't do those actions justice. Can you imagine the biggest building in the world, a structure that that seems as permanent and invincible as a mountain, something as familiar as the moon, just unexpectantly collapse in front of your eyes from yards away? Can you imagine looking to its twin, shaking and twisting and threatning to shower debris over a hundred square miles? Can you imagine deciding to go back in to help people you don't even friggen know, when every cell of your body is screaming at you to run far, far away?

Now imagine some ragheads with boxcutters hijacking your plane and realizing that they're going to turn you into an incendiary missile. You can sit down and ride it to hell or try to change the course. Todd Beamer had nothing to lose and everything to gain. See the difference?

Haven't seen Loose Change, but I read a rebuttal of it.

Conspiracy theories are seductive, but try not to get sucked in. There is not a chance that "the government" could have pulled off any such thing. Think of all the loose ends ...

RIP Todd Beamer, and all who died with him that day.

uh huh.... and the japs didnt put the chinese in camps neither

there are too many sides to this story to ever see the clear truth i think. thats the beauty in it there are just that many loose ends

but one thing i do believe is that what the goverment told us is not the whole truth fair and simple

I'm not sure I see the motivation for the government to stage a huge, elaborate hoax of a terrorist strike.. so we could go to war? So we could get more oil? So we could spread "freedom"?

Planning and executing a huge hoax like that would cost more than any of the "motivations" someone could come up with. The truth is, the world trade centers have been a target before, they weren't designed with a huge fire in mind, and the US has been pissing off middle eastern countries for many many years. It was bound to come back in our face like this. The innocent people that were killed didn't deserve this, but the USA certainly had it coming. Before you "patriots" get all bent out of shape about this, go research some of the things the USA did before the 2001 attacks. Also, it would help to take a few courses in middle eastern studies to understand their culture. After that, read the Qu`ran, and take another course on Islam, so you don't blame a peacful religion for promoting and supporting a heinous act.

Concerning Steve Irwin, the man was on TV. People make way to much of a deal about TV stars. He died doing his job and what he loved. That doesn't make him a hero. Someone who sacrifices his own life to save the life of others is a hero.

Alex

Concerning Steve Irwin, the man was on TV. People make way to much of a deal about TV stars. He died doing his job and what he loved. That doesn't make him a hero. Someone who sacrifices his own life to save the life of others is a hero.

Alex

Um, sweetheart... did you read my post? Yes he died do his job, yes he died doing what he loved, and YES he died a hero. Your definition of a hero is that one sacrifices his own life to save the life of others - do you know what his work was all about. He was a wildlife conservationist = SAVING LIVES OF MANY MANY AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS!!

Please, can people get a little more informed before they post crap that they have no clue about! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I see the motivation for the government to stage a huge, elaborate hoax of a terrorist strike.. so we could go to war? So we could get more oil? So we could spread "freedom"?

Planning and executing a huge hoax like that would cost more than any of the "motivations" someone could come up with. The truth is, the world trade centers have been a target before, they weren't designed with a huge fire in mind, and the US has been pissing off middle eastern countries for many many years. It was bound to come back in our face like this. The innocent people that were killed didn't deserve this, but the USA certainly had it coming. Before you "patriots" get all bent out of shape about this, go research some of the things the USA did before the 2001 attacks. Also, it would help to take a few courses in middle eastern studies to understand their culture. After that, read the Qu`ran, and take another course on Islam, so you don't blame a peacful religion for promoting and supporting a heinous act.

Alex

motivation do u kno what kinda strategic base we gained in iraq thats is just ONE "motivation"

last time i checked plane tickets and bomb materials dont cost much if that is how it happened

and im not gettin bent out of shape either shit i aint even a citizen of the us of a im in the i dont kno what happened and u wont either but i dont give a shit boat

so u dont get bent out of shape about -ppl gettin bent out of shape and blaming the peace loving muslim beliefs and the middle east as a whole

while the majority of muslims are ignorant to our culture there are exceptions everywhere but no ones lookin through a microscope

residents of somerset said that fighter jets shot down the plane that crashed in somerset. they liturally saw it.

what a brave man

i was talking to Michael Jackon because he had a steve irwin icon. so...yeah.

what a brave man

and besides, i started the topic. so i mention steve irwin too.

First of all, you can't measure a tragedy by the number of casualties. You simply can't judge the scope of an event based on deaths. It's foolish. September 11 wasn't notable in the number of lives ended, it was the social and symbolic context of that day which will mark in history for centuries. I'm not trying to take a shot at you Beany, but it's obvious that, based on your comparison of 9/11 to children starving, you just don't understand the true significance of 9/11/01, beyond a plane crashing into a big building and killing a bunch of people. It was an attack, so fucking amazingly and beautifully emblematic that a writer couldn't have invented a greater allegory. 19 men representing ideals a world apart from us, burning the very incarnation of western capitalism and commerce to the ground, only to reveal the Statue of Liberty standing directly behind it. They grabbed a giant by the balls and spit in it's face, they delivered far more damage than they even thought they would. But they lost their war before it started. We won the "War on Terror" as soon as ordinary, everyday office workers showed us just how indomitable and extrodinary the human spirit is in the most desperate of times. It's light against darkness, compassion against chaos, and it's so classically simplistic in nature that it seemed impossible to occur anywhere outside of a novel.

That's why people couldn't believe that it happened. Not because so many died, not because a plane was hijacked or because a tower collapsed.

As for Todd Beamer, I think that it's appalling that you would hold him up on a pedastal above all the true heroes and the other nameless victims of that day simply because he had a cool catchphrase, because he gave us a voice and a face to slap onto the event. I doubt you can name a single other person who died that day without looking it up, yet Todd gets special recognition because he was lucky enough to be able to reach someone on the phone before he was incinerated, ergo getting the most media attention. He was not a hero, he was a victim. He was royally screwed over, he knew what was coming, and the only chance he had to live was to regain control of the plane. He did it to save his own ass, not to save his country. Although I obviously wasn't there and can't say exactly what was going through his mind, it would be incredibly naive to say otherwise.

I'm not disrespecting him, but to specifically praise him and to ignore the rescue workers is a slap in the face to the actual heroes, and cheapens the term itself. There were firefighters who saw the South Tower implode, knew what was going to happen to the other one any second, and ran right in to save a few more people. My words don't do those actions justice. Can you imagine the biggest building in the world, a structure that that seems as permanent and invincible as a mountain, something as familiar as the moon, just unexpectantly collapse in front of your eyes from yards away? Can you imagine looking to its twin, shaking and twisting and threatning to shower debris over a hundred square miles? Can you imagine deciding to go back in to help people you don't even friggen know, when every cell of your body is screaming at you to run far, far away?

Now imagine some ragheads with boxcutters hijacking your plane and realizing that they're going to turn you into an incendiary missile. You can sit down and ride it to hell or try to change the course. Todd Beamer had nothing to lose and everything to gain. See the difference?

I WAS NOT HOLDING HIM ON A PEDISTAL. I SAW A NICE THING ABOUT HIM SO I WANTED TO POST IT. LET ME SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT PEOPLE.

AND ACTUALLY, I DO BELIEVE THAT TODD AND THE OTHER ON THAT FLIGHT DID IT TO SAVE THE COUNTRY, NOT HIS OWN ASS. THEY KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO DIE NO MATTER WHAT SO THEY DID WHAT THEY THOUHGT WOUL DBE BEST, BY CRASHING IT SOMEHWERE WHERE LESS PEOPLE WOULD BE KILLED. WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE RIPPING THIS THREAD APART? IT WAS JUST A NICE POST ABOUT SOMEONE WHO HELPED OUT ON 9/11. OBVIOSUSLY I COULDNT POST A THREAD ABOUT EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

Alex

Um, sweetheart... did you read my post? Yes he died do his job, yes he died doing what he loved, and YES he died a hero. Your definition of a hero is that one sacrifices his own life to save the life of others - do you know what his work was all about. He was a wildlife conservationist = SAVING LIVES OF MANY MANY AUSTRALIAN ANIMALS!!

Please, can people get a little more informed before they post crap that they have no clue about! :rolleyes:

I agree with you rainbow, on the steve irwin issure. thank you. =)