Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paladinclub

Rock on Accutane!!

Hello people!

None of you would know me, as I am "new" as a member of the forums. However ive been surfing here for well over a year to read all the logs and all after that in a bid to cure this CURSE I call acne! Hope you don't mind me dropping in to start one of my own :D

Well, to introduce myself, I'm 16, I live in London, UK, have had moderate/severe acne for 4 years on my face and back. To be quite frank I am sick to death of it. Sooo 4 months ago I told my GP to refer me to a derm. That happened and I had to wait 8 weeks for a derm appointment, that happened and I had to wait another 6 weeks to get What ive been craving for years; ROACCUTANE! I even had to argue with the derm today to get it because I got a different derm than I did last time. He was reluctant to give me it as it would interfere with my bone growth or something like that. I had a arguement ith him about ALL The waiting ive done and basically that I didnt care about that as I was tall enough already and that i just wanted to get rid of the acne ASAP. So he wouldnt do anything else but to give me the damn thing! He said it was a minimum 4 month course altho he wouldnt give me anything specific.

So, what am I on? I'm on 30 mg a day to take after a meal, which is going to rise after a few weeks. I'm going for a blood test next week and in 3 weeks time for my monthly! For this treatment I'm totally changing my diet(it will mostly be fish and healthy stuff etc, porage in the morning and all that. Basically, NO junk food and NO Alcohol whatsoever, which really sucks), I've also joined the gym. I'm gonna give this a real go as I'm determined to see this through and get rid of it once and for all!

I just popped my first dose! And Damn it feels goood!:D I'm in love with accutane. :wub: I'm also taking 3 omega 3-6-9 capsules a day as I heard they are quite good.

For chapped lips im going to use either vaseline with aloe vera or blistex intensive moisturise

So far so good, not feeling anything at the moment, hoping I get through the night alive. I plan to post some pictures tomorrow if anyones interested. I feel that this log will help me through it and I hope it will! So here goes! I hope for all the best! :D

DAY 2

Well the second day is underway, and I don't really notice any side effects whatsoever. Skin is just as usual and ive got zillions of zits as usual. As promised I

ve got a picture but only of te right side of my face as my left side won't upload for some reason. Ill try and get it up tomorrow. Right now im just too tired to do anything! BTW the moisturiser im using is Nivea for Men Intensive moisturiser. I have no idea whether thats good or not.:S

Anyway, tada people! :dance:

post-42420-1158097551_thumb.jpg

post-42420-1158097551_thumb.jpg

DAY 3

Third day underway. I don't really notice anything new. SKin feels a bit smoother, no new zits amazingly! Lips are fine and joints don't hurt! THese pictures just wont pluad so ill try again tonight.

most likely it will get much much worse and you'l feel like giving up and dieing in a hole. i did. took 2 and a half months to START seeing improvement.

but i suspect it won't take longer and a week or 2 for you oil to go down dramtically.

Thanks guys. Yeah I realise that may happen that I feel like giving up because it just seems to get worse. Bu the thing is I know that if this doesnt work, NOTHING will. So I'm gonna stick with this no matter what. Anything to get rid of it!

Hey!

I'm in my 2nd month now and it's really nice to know that oil is not a problem (at least after a few weeks). Yeah I broke out and my chin looked like complete shit (it's still scabbing) and blackheads are being purged I know it's definently working!

Good luck! :D

Hey boy, Just want to let you know that I hope it wil work out eventually!

You decided to give this a go, so don't stop while it's getting bad in the beginning. Just say to yourself that you will go on and keep in mind the result you wanna have, just keep thinking about that and it will happen

Day 4

Hello again!

Well im on day 4 now. And I'm now covered in pimples. Think I got about 6 new ones overnight. Could this be the IB so soon? So far I notice no side effects. Altho I've been getting some random nosebleeds but I'm not sure whether that is to do with the Tane or not. Lips just feel like normal and so does skin.

Today was my first day at college! It's well wierd. Don't know anyone but the people there are still nice as hell! :D

Now I finally managed to upload some pictures! The pictures below are those of my left cheek and chin/mouth area. Apologies for the poor picture quality. :|

BTW, the hair is just pulled behind the ears lol it isnt as insanely ugly as it looks on there!:D

post-42420-1158259393_thumb.jpg

post-42420-1158259408_thumb.jpg

post-42420-1158259393_thumb.jpg

post-42420-1158259408_thumb.jpg

Day 5

Well today I woke up with the worst dry lip, thankfully it didn't split or anything so I managed to sort it out. Otherwise theres nothing new to report, except I think that the sides of my face are starting to dry up a bit. Still waitnig for the dreaded IB. Hasn't happened yet *touch wood*

I was wandering about this earlier but does Seborrheic Dermatitis have anything to do with your acne? Isn't it caused by sebum oil aswell? I thing accutane would sort that issue aswell as it really is a pain to have it. Can anyone fill me in on this?

Hey ppl was so tired yesterday after a night out that I simply couldn't post.

Day 6

Nothing new to report, except about 4 more zits on my neck :doh:, theres no added dryness either of the lips or on skin. Shouldn't I have started drying up by now? Not complaining of course :D

Day 7

Hmmm I tihnk I may be counting this wrong... :rolleyes: silly me. Anyways I have just had the worst nights sleep ever! Woke up at about 4 feeling extremely sick. Also had an extreme dry mouth(I wasnt drinking btw)

Is this to do with the tane?

Anyway no dryness yet*touch wood* and I think im still waiting for the IB but im not sure as I usually get about 3 new zits every day anyway so im not sure when thats gonna happen.