Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eloise87

My experience with ACV so far.......

Hi everyone!

I first heard of ACV in the review section of makeupalley.com where everyone just raves about it. So I have started using it...... okay I must say that it makes my skin look absolutely flawless, the best it has ever looked. However, I think I over did it, like almost 100% ACV and a few times a day, while using BP and also using egg mask (very drying) so now my skin looks kinda mottled, and has tiny bumps all over. So I am seriously cutting down and doing about 1:7 parts ACV:water. I think the reason this happened was because i started out using just plain cider vinegar that my mum had had for years, and then i bought the proper stuff, and man, this stuff is potent!!! I think it just overwhelmed my skin. I am not giving up tho, when I put this on my face my skin looks naturally beautiful, so chuffed to have found this. Everyone should try ACV! (but start off with verrrry low concentration)

Guest buttonit

i would do the acv, bp, and egg mask all at different times. because those 2 things dry your skin out.

Hi longshot!

So far I have been doing:

wash face with olay daily cleansers (combination/oily skin)

put on ACV

then when dry put on BP gel (well its actually Panoxyl but quite similar to BP gel)

It has definaly been helping with red marks, although I've only been using it a week. I just need to make sure the ACV isn't too strong otherwise it burns.

Maybe start off with a lower concentration, because if you aren't used to it you may burn your skin.

I started off using 1 ACV:2 Water for 2 days. Now at 1:1 lol. It does not burn my skin at all.

Okay I know I sound like the biggest idiot... but im horrible at math. How do you know how much you dilute something.. like how do I dilute ACV to be 1:7, etc.? :doh:

Just pour in 7 times as much? I bought an empty bottle at walmart, and it has the measurement listed. I poured in 100ml of apple cider vinegar and added another 200ml of water on top of that for 1:2.

It took me more than a week before I could do 1:1 conc. Theres no rush, take it easy and let your skin get used to the acidity. Some ppl have burned themselves because they used full conc. right off the bat.

Okay I know I sound like the biggest idiot... but im horrible at math. How do you know how much you dilute something.. like how do I dilute ACV to be 1:7, etc.? :doh:

I use tablespoon. So 1:7 would be 1 tablespoon of AV and 7 tablespoons of water.

Well, I'm on it too, and I started right off with 100% ACV. Hasn't burned my face.

I think my skin is quite hard to irritate, coz I'm not even flaking on my face :P (Thinking about the BP)

I just hope it works... Actually I think it does, coz my marks doesn't seem to be very visible now! :D

Well, I'm on it too, and I started right off with 100% ACV. Hasn't burned my face.

I think my skin is quite hard to irritate, coz I'm not even flaking on my face :P (Thinking about the BP)

I just hope it works... Actually I think it does, coz my marks doesn't seem to be very visible now! :D

Don't, please don't start off at 1:0.

Although it did not burn your face, but from what I have read, it will likely to cause you breakout.

Try 1:1 instead.

Eloise87- I have heard a lot of people have problems with the panoxyl. It seems to be more drying for some reason, so that could be part of it too.

As far as me, I used 50/50 the first 2 days, then 75/25 for a day or 2 and then I just started with undiluted. No problems for me, but I know it can bother some people so definately take it slow. I had no red marks, but it has evened out my texture, mostly gotten rid of my blackheads and helped some with my oiliness. I definately am for the acv! :clap: